Chapter 12

Recap:

"Someone who has my daughter's heart? And who would that be?" She asked with raised her nonexistent eyebrows.

She was surprised. You have never told her anything about any crushes (for a good reason) but this one had weighed on you. You needed to tell someone. Anyone.

"...Jake Sully's eldest son." You said looking down.

"No. You cannot." She replied coldly as she unravelled your hair at a quicker pace.

"I know." You then winced as you felt a sharp pain on your scalp.

"No Y/n you do not! Do you know who you are? You are the chief's daughter, my daughter. Imagine if the village heard of this." She shook her head at the thought.

You stayed silent knowing if you spoke now you would get shouted at.

"You are to set an example to your people. A Metkayina and an Omatikaya do not mix. You just do not see that. It is unnatural, it goes against our nature."

"But-" You were cut off.

"No. No! You are to teach him our ways. Nothing more nothing less. Do you understand?" She said sternly pointing a finger at you in the mirror.

"Maybe-" You were cut off once more.

"Do not argue with me! I said you understand?"

You looked down in shame. You could never win with her.

"Yes mother." You whispered.

𝓝⋆ᯅ⋆๑𓂅﹆

Today you were gonna teach Neteyam Metkayina sign language and hopefully avoid talking about what happened last time the two of you talked.

Just like mother said you're only here to 'teach him'. Nothing more.

It seems the closer you get to Neteyam something pushes you from him (and maybe yourself). Sometimes you would ask Eywa why she made you suffer like this or thought maybe you were just cursed.

But deep down you knew it was probably the curse option.

You sat on the rock where you and Neteyam first spoke to each other to wait for him. You closed your eyes and you felt the wind brush your hair.

No siblings shouting.

No parents nagging.

No arguing.

No boys.

Just you and complete bliss. That was soon short lived as you felt someone tap your shoulder.

"Told you I'd catch up to you." You heard Neteyam say in your ear.

"You are lucky I even stopped to take a break." You argued and pushed him away from your ear.

You two sat on the large rock opposite to each other and began the lesson.

'Thank you.' You signed, putting a fist to your chest and then fluttering your fingers away from your chest.