Chapter 14

Recap:

"Here." You looked down at his hand which had two necklaces wrapped in seaweed with half of a shell on each of them; if you put them together they made a whole shell.

"I thought you had all of my heart." You giggled, looking down at the seashell that looked like a heart.

"Well I'm giving back half of it. In return, I give you half of mine."

He made you stand up and spun you around so he could put the f/c shell necklace on you. Before you could even move, Neteyam put your hair to the side and tied the necklace on you gently.

You turned to gaze up at him and hugged him.

"Thank you Neteyam. I would not change a thing about any of this." You said. Looking at specks of white that highlighted his face.

"Me either." He smiled and made your noses touch.

𝓝⋆ᯅ⋆๑𓂅﹆

Neteyam walked you to your marui with his hand on your waist while you laid your head on his shoulder.

You wished you could be in this position for hours; feeling the soft night's wind blowing through both your hair to the side causing you and Neteyam's hair accessories to make a quiet baseline for the wind's singing melody. The waves crashed along the beach then back into the water leaving behind beautiful shells. Some whole. Some shattered but still beautiful to you nonetheless.

Soon the two of you came to an abrupt stop. You fluttered your eyes open and looked up at Neteyam and he spoke.

"We're here." Neteyam whispered calmly in your ear.

You turned to see your home not far away which made you pout. This action made him smirk slightly.

"I wanna stay like this a little longer." You muttered into your lover's neck.

"I know. But the least I can do is drop the Chief's daughter home before sunrise." Neteyam replied, kissing your forehead.

"Okay." You sighed as you removed yourself from his shoulder but then realised something and turned to him. "What about your parents? What are they going to think about you coming home this late?"

"Don't worry about them, I haven't said anything about us." He grabbed your shoulders, trying to ease your mind.

"So you are lying to them." You asked.

"...Possibly." He replied, scratching the back of his neck

"From what I have heard your father would not be happy about this."

"Don't worry about him. Worry about yourself first." Neteyam said then pointed behind you.

You glanced behind you to see your older brother walking up to the two of you. Your ears flopped as he approached you two.

"Y/n." Ao'nung said. He had a hard glare at you and you just wanted to be buried in the sand at that moment but you sucked it up.

"Ao'nung." You replied with the same bitter tone he had as you turned your body to him. Your head held high as you glanced back at him.

Ao'nung looked at you up and down then the male behind you. He grabbed your hand, roughly dragging you away from Neteyam and put you behind him. He gave Neteyam a more disgusted look now. He couldn't imagine what this demon had been doing with his little sister.