PERFECT STORM

JESS MARIANO gilmore girls
salkulti © 2023

In a different time, in a different space, I still want you in my head, still want you in my face

want you in my head, still want you in my face.

PERFECT STORM / Inhaler

Once upon a time, there were two kids—a girl and a boy—who grew up in the same hallway of an old, small, and cheap New York City apartment. They grew up envying kids who had been lucky enough to have parents who loved them unconditionally, and didn't see them as burdens. Because, unlike those kids, the pair was stuck with deadbeat parents, who cared more about drugs and alcohol than the kids they brought into this world.

But the boy always secretly envied the girl because she had one thing he would never have—someone who loved her. The girl had an older sister; while the boy was an only child. He envied that her sister would had done anything for her, even figure out a way to get her out of the hellhole they once called home.

One day, without previous warning, the girl and her sister packed their things and left. The boy waited for her, his only friend, to come back, after all he deserved a goodbye. He wanted to get to say goodbye to her, just like he wanted to cry in her arms and beg her to stay.

Years passed, the girl never came back, the boy made new friends, fell into habits he wasn't proud of, lost all hope his younger self had, and tried not to think about the girl he once cared deeply about.

Years of hearing his mom tell him how useless he was, also passed, until the woman finally reached the point were she grew tired of dealing with him. She decided that the boy had lost control, and she could no longer raise him—as if she had ever done so in the first place.

And that's where our story starts. The day the boy arrived at Stars Hollow, where he would now live with his uncle. Uncle, who owns the local diner. Diner where, a few hours after arriving into a town he immediately grew to hate, the boy ran into the last person he thought he would see—The girl from the beginning of the story.

The girl stood across the room, smiling hopefully at him. He could tell she had missed him, that she was shocked yet excited to see him again. He could see that he could get his old friend back if he wanted to, but old habits die hard, and he chooses to self-sabotage and act like an asshole.

The boy and the girl were once inseparable until she left him without saying as much as a goodbye, and it wasn't until the boy saw her again that he realized he hated her for it. But now they are back in each other's lives, and Stars Hollow was a small town to try to hide from someone, so they would have to learn to coexist, or he could continue hating her.