quite a strange day

───  QUITE A STRANGE DAY
(⌗ ♥︎! )一 gilmore girls

         The rest of the morning thoroughly sucked

Remember how Jess' teachers used to believe he was gifted? Well, if any of them taught at Stars Hollow High, they would have thought he was a fucking genius. I mean, the material they were learning was farther behind what he'd been studying in New York. Like wayy farther behind. So he got bored to bits in every period.

To make matters worse, after the bell rang and Jess believed he was free, he found Luke standing by the school entrance, waiting for him.

"Hey!" Luke shouted, running after Jess, who was pretending to read a book as he walked in order to ignore him. "How was school?"

"Great," Jess responded, realizing he wasn't going to be able to escape whatever conversation Luke wanted to have and shoving the book into his back pocket.

"You learn anything good?"

"Oh yeah, tons of things. I've got gold stars plastered all over my forehead." He said mockingly, wishing he was back in New York where school was easy and he actually had to think while taking tests—to make sure he picked the incorrect answer, of course—not so easy that he could get the wrong answers correctly without even trying.

Jess had never been one to study, or like school, or have good grades—at least not since freshman year—yet, for some reason, he was so frustrated about school that even he was finding himself to be entirely too ridiculous at that moment.

Stars Hollow was definitely starting to get to him.

"I had an interesting call today. Wanna know who it was from?" Luke asked as he tried to keep up with his nephew's fast-paced walk.

"Not really."

"From Taylor Doose." It was then that Jess remembered what he had done earlier and what exactly he was carrying in his backpack, "You know, he owns the market."

"If you say so." He shrugged, choosing to act clueless.

"He said you came in today."

"He did?"

"And he said you took some money from a little donation cup to help repair the bridge." The bridge? His bri— The bridge where he goes to smoke? Unless there was another bridge in town that he hadn't found yet, Jess suddenly regretted taking the money. "I told him he was crazy, you wouldn't do that, you weren't a thief, that he was just trying to start trouble, then I hung up on him. But don't get me wrong, I enjoy hanging up on Taylor, and he is crazy, but I was just wondering if maybe any of the things he said were true..."