Chishiya - Charisma

Summary: Chishiya's smart, but what's up with you?

Pairing: Chishiya x Fem!Reader

A/N: Guys, guess who found out how to put read more on mobile! I might just turn this into a series. (Not proof-read)

Feedback is appreciated!!!

-

Ever since you came in and joined this mystical, 'hopeful' beach resort, Chishiya had been eyeing you down like a hawk. There was just something about you that intrigued him.

Was it because of the way you talked? The way you sway to others and charm them?

Or was it because of those stupid tinted glasses you always fucking wear?

You know what they say; The eyes are the gateway to your soul.

Maybe because he couldn't read you all that well. If you were being genuinely kind or were you behind every calamity that ensues?

Right now, he was standing on a balcony, arms perched onto the railings as he looks down upon everybody on the beach and yet watches you while there are a small group of people crowding over you like an entourage. As if you were so important.

How could you be so suave that you managed to get so much respect and admiration as if you were just under Hatter's reputation?

He knew you were up to something. And he was going to find out.

You weren't flirty at all. Maybe a little innuendo here or a silly, suggestive and potentially seductive smirk there but never were you provocative.

You just gave people what they wanted,

A worthy ally.

You complimented others, smiled at them, gave them hope, made them laugh.

To,, entertain them.

But Chishiya knew something was off. He was always a step further than the rest.

He knew that your qualities could be deceptive, misleading. All just a funny, little sinful ruse. But for what?

Love? Money? Fame?

It's like whenever you smile, a piece of your plan is completed. Like you were planning this from the very start, ever since you came here.

Chishiya's eyes narrowed. He shifted in his place. Perhaps to ease the numb parts of his legs and is in need to stretch,,, or to get a better view of your laughing figure as you held a glass filled to the brim of your favorite drink while your glasses still hanged loosely, covering your eyes.

For all he could know, you were just a mischievous liar with a giant charisma.

"Chishiya?"

He turned around, broken from his thoughts, to see a friendly face.

"Kuina. Hey." He said with a small wave before returning back to his observation. "What brings you here?"

Kuina stood next to Chishiya, placing an elbow on the railings as she watched the crowded beach pool, mimicking him.

"What's got you so interested?" She asks before looking at his eyes and searching for what they were staring at.

"Have you heard of the name Y/N?" Chishiya asked, his free hand holding his chin up as he leaned forward.

Immediately, this caught Kuina's attention as her eyes lit up with a smile.

"Yeah, of course. She's the life of the party!" And then it hit her. "Why do you ask?"

The ends of his lips tugged up into a very small smile.

Kuina noticed this and looks back down at you. "Oh, is she bad?" She questioned, waiting for his answer.

"I haven't found about it yet." He answered. "Something tells me that she's a snake, all dressed up in a butterfly's costume. That she can't be trusted at all."

His friend furrows her brows. "That's odd.." She leans forward while taking a sip from her chardonnay. "All I've seen so far was that she's a pleasant to be around."

"Kuina, have you ever heard of 'Aggressive Mimicry?' " Chishiya pauses and turns to her. "Where an individual takes advantage of the signals of their desired target in order to deceive them?"

"Right so like an Anglerfish."

Chishiya fell silent for a while to simply stare and blink at Kuina. After a moment, he turns around and walks a few steps away before answering.

"Right." He shoves his hands into his jacket's pockets. "What I'm saying is that Y/N could be using that tactic. That or she's being stupid."

Kuina rolls her eyes and leans on the railing, "You say that about everybody, Chishiya. What makes you so sure that she just might be different than everybody else?"

"Rumors say that she was called to Hatter, personally, to be hired and become an executive." He tilts his head, recalling the memory. He nods, remembering. "They say she's got the potential."

"And why's that got you so bothered?" Kuina asked, looking at him up and down, a little bit in disbelief.

"I heard she turned it down."

He turned back to Kuina who had a shocked look all over her face. "Why?"

Chishiya shrugged. He honestly didn't know. Did you have a secret plan? Or were you just fucking crazy?

"I don't know. I wasn't there. Hatter didn't tell anything to the board of executives, not even to Aguni or his number 2. It was simply a mere rumor that originated from somebody who was snooping around and just managed to walk in on a snippet of their conversation." He looked at her in the eyes, "Nothing else was leaked, nothing to confirm.

Kuina took a few steps towards Chishiya. "So what are you gonna do?"

He remained silent, thinking of an idea. It didn't take too much time until he got a solution.

"Well, I'm gonna go gather some information. We can't just go to her all of a sudden and ask about what happened or if the rumors were true. If we can determine whether or not she's trustworthy, then she can be a big help on our team or a ruthless obstacle we've gotta get through."

Chishiya goes away to start his little mission. He's already got some information on you that he could use to his advantage. "Oh and, you can leave. Wouldn't want you to waste your time, hm?"

And with that, he's on the move.