IV. UNCERTAINTY

thick silence was so tangible by the time when arius and nhu were on their way to arius penthouse being driven by his driver. arius doesnt know how to approach nhu. he was so sure that his singer saw his bleeding red eyes. hes dispairing in his own psyche. what if he doesnt want to be with him anymore? what if he regrets having him in his life? hes a monster not even in disguise. he is one through and through.

"s-sir?" nhu said rather than being scared, hes worried.

"hm?" arius still fretting over nhus would-be reaction, settled himself to look away from him. hes not ready yet to face the contempt he might see on his singers face.

"if you dont... dont mind me asking sir, are you mad at me?" nhu said frightened.

arius abruptly looked at his singers face wondering why would that be the case. if not, his singer would be the one to be angry at him and not the other way around.

"not even a little bit. why would you say that?" arius couldnt keep his hand from reaching out and arranged the ruffled hair of his singer. now that he had taken a look at him after staring so long outside, he could only see worry and wonder on his face. the cuteness that he saw, he couldnt even say outloud without risking his image being teased. maybe his actions would mean so much more than words?

"oh... its just that i see you uncomfortable sir. it made me think that i may have done something wrong and youll make me return to my condo." nhu said wringing his hand. he doesnt know what line he might have crossed that made his boss silent the entire car ride.

"nhu tell me... do i not frighten you? earlier... what happened earlier i know that you saw. you dont have to put up with anything with me. you can tell me directly and ill try to follow your wishes, nhu." arius turned his body towards the human he tried to feed on earlier. normal ones would have stormed out already but he stayed put after he emerged from the lavatory. that sight really made arius let out a heavy sigh as if hes relieved that he stayed. and then wondered, why?

"honestly sir. i am. i was a bit frightened or rather startled sir. but given the number of supernaturals emerging nowadays and joining the industry, i had met a few of your kind sir. i was just a bit surprised that you are also one of them sir."

"true that there are many even in our company, i had approved some to join but under critical security and conditions. nhu, im sorry about earlier. i know that for you this is the first time we had met but...um... are you hungry?" arius knew this is not the time or even the place to settle his secrets to his singer. hell just have to endure a little more. he needs to make his singer feel at home and most of all loved.

"a bit." nhu let go his boss unfinished sentence. he thought that maybe its uncomfortable for him to continue. this made nhu a bit surprised of himself. he was never considerate to those he had just only met. hes meek yes because he doesnt know this person yet and hes his boss at that. maybe his boss got wind of his situation and took pity on him thats why he invited him to his place to make him feel secured and not alone. maybe its just that but nhu wished... more...

after a hearty meal on the way, they proceeded to the penthouse that was given to arius by his parents. his twin brother shared a floor with him. his brothers family is currently living in that penthouse across him and it would be wise to have nhu around people he could trust wholeheartedly than in his parents headquarters or even at the castle. wolves are too rowdy for him but reliable no questions asked. vampires, his kind, are rather cunning and unpredictable. he cant have his singer around them. not yet, anyway. rin would be the right companion for nhu just in case hes not around and his brother, ayberk, is harmless period.

"here we are. i got no passcode but now that youll be living here, i want you to set it up and tell me after. heres the extra key and i have the other. no one else could get in this place or even this floor without me or my brothers knowledge. him and his family lives over there and were the only ones on this floor. so if they bother you, tell me. if they displease you in any way, tell me. whatever made you feel uncomfortable, tell me. ill handle everything for you, okay?"