XXVI. CALL

arius pov

lunch was delicious and much to our delight, we took out a meal to be eaten later for our movie night. nhu was eating so much his face puffied. hes a legit hamster, i tell you. our son even laughed so much as he munched on honeyed strawberries. talk about sticky, if you must. i was carrying our sleeping son over my shoulder with my other hand side hugging my mates waist. i might get some love later. ill try to coax him a bit later and tell my proposal for another pitter-patter.

 ill try to coax him a bit later and tell my proposal for another pitter-patter

we were already outside the establishment and waiting for my car. nhu and i were having a bit of conversation regarding todays shooting when suddenly a hunched woman stumbled over nhu. my kind hearted man eagerly helped the poor woman much to my protest.

"are you okay, maam?" he said carefully pulling the woman to her feet

"i-im okay. t-thank you."

i was to let go of the scene and checked on my sleeping son when suddenly nhu was grabbed by the same woman and whispered something in his ear. i cant hear it even though i was this close and im a vampire to boot. what's going on?

i pulled nhu away slammed his body into my own and covered his body as much as i could."what did she do?" i asked concerned. alarmed, my shadows and close unit guards surrounded us. i looked up and saw the woman gone. only the hooded jacket was left on the ground. i looked at my mate looking for anything amiss but all i could see that was out of place was nhus pale face. "whats wrong love?" i asked as we were ushered to our car in a hurry. i placed my sleeping son on his carseat and made a bee-line back to my heart.

"nhu, whats wrong?" i said frantically. hes not answering. hes just stood there with a pale face.

 "NHU?!" thats it i yelled.

"h-huh? what?" hes confused. i see it in his eyes. "wheres the old lady? i need to talk to her."

"what are you talking about? shes long gone. lets go, love. we need to secure you and destan. lets go!" i yelled at him when i saw that he was still rooted to where he was.

startled, nhu get himself inside the car and buckled his seatbelt. i even secured his lock.

"what did she say?" my hand now are clammy. i dont know whats going on.