prologue

prólogo

the man

------

jules bianchi was a private man. he did not share a lot about his family or the people that surrounded him. if you paid attention to his interviews you could see his reserved persona and shyness.

this however was just on camera. outside it's field, he was an outgoing, kind and amazing young man if tali could say so. because of his privacy though, not a lot knew about his family.

jean bianchi had always been there to support his brother even if he lived in another continent with his now growing family. he would make time to bring his entire family over to france to make sure jules could see his nephew and niece whom he adored, action that was extremely reciprocal, especially by his niece natalia 'tali' bianchi.

the little girl absolutely loved being in jules arms and he wasn't one to reject the toddler's cuddles unlike her brother luca who would rather much tink with whatever was in his hands. the amount of pictures jules possessed of the two kids was insane but he wouldn't change it for anything.

as they grew, the kids learned about what their uncle did and got to meet his friends as well. daniel joseph ricciardo loved tali rodriguez even after she pulled his precious curls, only causing a loud laugh to erupt from the driver's mouth.

the two kids also met another of jules' pride and joy, charles and with him lorenzo and arthur. charles got obsessed with braiding thanks to tali's messy curls. lorenzo found luca's tinkering amusing and arthur loved to see the two mexican-french kids fight.

even as toddles their bickering was worrisome.

one day however, jules chose to take three-year-old tali and five-year-old luca along with the leclerc siblings to a karting track on the outskirts of nice expecting to have a nice evening and maybe pull his nephew into the motorsport world.

he failed.

luca bianchi rodriguez absolutely despised the small kart with all his might, throwing a tantrum to get pulled out of it.

what he did not expect however, was the 3-year-old to understand what each pedal did while he walked luca back to his brother who was chuckling amusingly at jule's defeated look which suddenly turned into a worried gaze towards the track where he saw his daughter, his princess squealing of joy while advancing down the teaching path which consisted of a small oval, progressively going faster earning laughter and joy from the girl.

let's just say this was when jules bianchi knew.

he knew natalia rodriguez would be a force to be reckoned with in the motorsport world.

------

a few days later, a small race was held in the same karting track and after a lot of begging and pleading, karla rodriguez agreed for her daughter to race with the condition of her getting full permission to buzz jules hair if something went south.