eight

ocho

the man

------

evening/ at some fancy restaurant

charles picked her up not long after she had arrived at her hotel room to change into something more presentable than sweatpants, but still not dressing fancy. she knew the restaurant would be but she also knew none of the other guys would pay any mind to that.

a pair of jeans and a 5sos graphic t-shirt from etsy along with some vans did the trick. no makeup since she would most likely arrive really late that night and would certainly pay no mind to removing it.

as the monegasque gave the keys to the valet, she made her way out of the luxurious ferrari and walked inside with charles right behind her.

carlos was the first to notice them arrive, standing up and greeting them with everyone following suit. the two empty seats left were between pierre and carlos and alex and lando.

tali let charles go with his boyfriends and sat down between the brits.

a few moments later a waiter brought water for the two that had just arrived and placed the menus in front of them.

tali was right. pricey food for a fancy place. thankfully, her wallet had a card with a salary that no 16-year-old needs.

the steak sounded nice, along with some fries and a lemonade.

once she had made her decision she looked up to see all of them staring at her with excited smiles.

she felt completely and utterly creeped out.

"what?" she asked cluelessly.

"tell us everything!" lando exclaimed happily.

they all looked like teenagers in dire need of good gossip.

damn it. did they know? she thought. did they know about elias? she was still on cloud 9 from that conversation but it was thankfully, easily disguised by the events before. her debut and first points in f1. she had asked elias out on a date? next week and she didn't know what to think of it, let alone how to tell tania.

she had to play it naturally.

"about what?" was all she asked with a small smile while sipping at her water 'discreetly'.

"your first race!! how did you feel?" alex asked from her other side.

her shoulders relaxed, thing they noticed, looking between them to know she was hiding something else and they agreed, but wouldn't comment on it.

"well, it was nice..." she tried to play it cool.

"ay cállate. eso no es todo." carlos said laughing, giving the girl entrance and full confidence to ramble.

"alright. it was amazing. nothing like it. the adrenaline of each curve was amazing, i loved every single thing about the race. i wouldn't do anything differently." she said with amazed eyes and a large smile before it fell.

"probably drink a tylenol beforehand. my neck is killing me. i'm still getting used to it." she said, rubbing the sore area with one hand as she took another sip of water with the other.