𝚃𝚆𝙾

✍︎

𝓘 𝓵𝓮𝓯𝓽 𝓶𝔂 𝓻𝓸𝓸𝓶 the next morning, pushing my way through the boys on the stairs, who's manners seemed to have been lost since yesterday, to catch up with Meeks who I could see ahead of me.

Calling out his name, the boy with glasses turned back and saw the situation I was currently stuck in. His eyes widened in response as a smile broke onto his face

"Jesus, Sophie" he laughed. He put out his hand grabbing onto mine and pulled me to him, getting me out of the crowd.

I thanked him as we rounded the stairs where Mr McAllister was shouting about the boys.

He noticed me and smiled "I don't mean you of course Sophia" he said before turning and shouting again "Slow down!"

Meeks and I shared a look before laughing and carried on towards our class. We got to the chemistry lab and I sat in the front by Knox's and Charlie while Meeks took a seat in the back.

"Morning, boys" I said pulling out my notebook earning two mutters of 'morning' back to me.

"Sleep okay?" Knox asked me, grabbing the pencil he had sitting behind his ear. I sat back with a sigh and nodded to him.

  Charlie sat up a bit before examining my uniform "new skirt Soph?" He said with his eyebrows raised before getting a slap on the back of the head.

"Watch it charlie" Neil said. Charlie turned around with an amused smile

"I don't know what you mean, Neil" he said before he turned back, giving me a wink.

I rolled my eyes, Knox looking between us "should I go?" He said jokingly standing up as I laughed and pulled him back down

"Park it, Overstreet" I said

"Am I really that bad?" Charlie asked as I rested my chin on my palm. I didn't get to answer as the teacher walked in and began talking.

"Pick three, Laboratory experiments from the project list and report on them every five weeks. The first twenty questions at the end of chapter one are due tomorrow" my mouth dropped open as I turned to look at the two boys beside me who's eyes were wide as groans filled the class

The next class was Latin and all Mr McAllister did was stand at the top repeating the same words over and over.

By the time we got to trigonometry I was already falling asleep and my attempt to look awake was failing miserably.

Hager walked up and Down the isles with his hands behind his back "your study of trigonometry requires absolute precision. Anyone failing to turn in any homework assignment will be penalised one point off their final grade" he said turning back to the front. My eyes went to Neil as I gave him a 'now', smartarsed look which he responded to with a sarcastic smile. Hager stopped and turned back to look at Knox "let me urge you now not to test me on this point"

We had left trig and we're on our way to English as Neil and Pitts played with a paper ball.

"So new teacher guys, you think Mr. Keating will be any good?" Knox asked all of us,  falling into step with me.

"Can't be any worse than Mr. Portius" Charlie said, pronouncing Mr. portius' name in a posh accent before coming to my other side and throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"Like you'll listen either way" I said looking up at him making the others laugh.

"I listen" he said defensively