Self-Centered Cheater - Brian

You and Brian have been together since college. You met him in one of your classes and immediately hit it off. He made you so happy. Some people were even jealous of your relationship with him. Although he was a little self-centered, you still adored him. His cute smile, cute laugh, and just him in general had you head over heels to even notice just how self-centered he was.

It's been about a year since you two got together, Brian was a little distant. "Hey babe! Are you ready for our date tonight?" you asked him excitedly. "Oh- Um yeah about that... I asked Tim if he wanted to go grab a few drinks tonight, sorry.." he said, trying to sound apologetic. "What..? But you promised! I mean, we haven't gone out on a date in so long, Brian.." You say with a frown on your face. "I know, I said I'm sorry
y/n. Maybe next time?" he says, giving a slight smile. "That's what you always say, though.." You mutter, walking to your shared bedroom and shutting the door. It was clear Brian didn't enjoy hanging out with you as much as he used to. It really bothered you that he would rather hang out with Tim instead. You knew he and Tim were best friends, almost like brothers, but he always used Tim as an excuse to get away from doing things with you.

It was late at night, and Brian still hadn't returned. You sigh, looking at your phone and the many messages and calls you left, none being replied to. You then hear the front door of your apartment open. You quickly look behind to see Brain walking in, clearly drunk as ever. His hair was messy, and he reeked of alcohol. "Oh, Brian.." You sigh, walking up to him and helping him in. "Heyyyyyyyy babyyyyyyy~" he said, basically putting his weight on you. "Hey, come on, you need to walk or at least help! I'm not gonna lift you to the bed.." You whine as he stumbles. "Ok, okkkkk... calm downnnnnn pretty girl~" he says as he begins to leave kisses on your neck. "Brian, we don't have time for this." You say as you help walk him to the bedroom. "You never wanna do anything y/n.. you're so boringgggg.. " he says, plopping down on the bed. You shake your head as you help him take his shoes off. He soon falls asleep, and you smile a little as you leave a small kiss on his head, climbing in next to him.

Morning comes, and you wake up to the sun shining in through the window. You shift around until you finally wake up. You rub your eyes and notice Brian wasn't where you left him last night. "Where did he go now.." you say softly, plopping back down on the pillows. You hear the door open once more, and you quickly get up and leave the room. Brian was talking to someone outside, a girl. You get curious and try to look out, but he quickly says goodbye and shuts the door. "Who was that??" you say, looking out the window. "God, you're so nosey... It was just a friend y/n." Brian says a bit agitated that you even asked that question. "I mean, I've never seen her before.." you say, looking at him. He just walks past you and straight to the kitchen. You follow close behind him, noticing the small mark on his neck. You poke it, and he quickly slaps your hand away, covering it. "What are you doing..?" he says even more annoyed than before. "What the fuck is that Brian." you say staring at his neck. "She left that mark on you didn't she..?" you ask getting angry. "What? No. Y/n I told you she was just a friend. Your overthinking things again.." he says. "Yeah whatever Brian.." you say walking away.

The last few weeks have been quiet with Brian barely being around anymore. You spend days without him there, nights even. You even asked Tim if he knew about Brian's whereabouts. "He said he was gonna go meet up with his friend." Tim said. "Oh... Does he tell you that often?" you ask a bit saddened. "Yeah, but you shouldn't worry, right? Brian isn't that kind of guy y/n trust me." You sigh nodding your head. You decide to walk around with Tim for a while to ease yourself. You took a nice stroll in the park and even stopped to watch the ducks in the lake. This was better than being stuck at home all day without Brian there.

Tim sat on the grass with a cigarette in his mouth like always as he stared off into the view. "Hey y/n?" he says looking over at you. You look up at him tilting your head "Yeah??" you ask. "Have you and Brian been ok? Relationship wise?" he asks softly. "Well.. he's rarely home now, and he seems to get more annoyed with me every time I ask him where he's been..." You say getting a little sad. "I see... I'm sorry that's happening. He'll come around, don't worry, ok?" Tim says, rubbing your back. "Yeah, of course..! Thanks, Tim you're a great friend." You say smiling.

Tim decides to walk you home so you get back safe. You thank him as he takes his leave. You reach for the door and see it's slightly open. "Now why would he leave the door open.." You say curious. You walk inside and immediately notice a pair of shoes you've never seen before. Your heart starts racing, hoping it isn't true. You put your keys and purse down and quickly walk to the room. You quietly peek inside and see Brian in bed with the same girl you saw the other day. Out of anger, you harshly kick the door to get their attention. Brian quickly jumps from the sound. "What the hell, Brian!!" You say tearing up. "Get out
y/n.." he says, turning away. "No! So you were cheating. Why?! Why would you do this.." You say gripping your fists. "You never wanna do stuff in bed with me anymore. You're no fun. You said think about myself more, and I did. Why are you complaining now? At least I have someone to please me in bed now." he says, chuckling. You stand there in shock at what he said, tears going down your face one by one. "Besides, it's not like you're gonna leave. Y/n you need me. Without me, you don't know anything or what to do. You're like a lost puppy without me. You still love me, and I know it." he says, walking up to you and grabbing your face. It was true, and you couldn't deny it. Ever since you met Brian, you were in love. Even after he changed, you waited for him to at least try and understand his mistakes. He never did. It made you sick for deciding to stay with him.

After that day, Brian would go out with the girl every night. You never said anything. You just let it happen. Tim would try and talk some sense into his friend, but to no avail. Brian ignored everything Tim had to say. "Brian, get your head out of your ass already... Do you know how much y/n loves you?! Why are you doing this to her.." Tim says, gripping the cigarette he had. "Stay out of it, Tim. It's not your relationship. It's her decision if she wants to stay with me or not. You leave her alone and stay away from her." Brian said, walking away. When Brian was gone at night, Tim would always come over and comfort you while also trying to talk sense into you. "Y/n, come on... You're smarter than this. You can come live with me until you find out what to do. Just leave that piece of shit already. You've cried so much, and yet you're still here suffering." he would say.

No matter how much Tim would try and persuade you to leave, you didn't listen. This was your home. In Brian's apartment. He was your lover. You were convinced he still loved you even after everything. You didn't want to let go. You didn't want anyone else, only him. Only Brian.