chapter 2

- AZAIL -

"Azail, there's a call for you." I hear Tony shout form the office, that's in the back of the gym.

I've been in the training gym for it seems like hours. Hitting the punching bag over and over again.

It's the only way i can get out of my anger. And of course with killing as well. I love the adrenaline when i pull the trigger and hear the bullet fire. The fear in my targets eyes.

Moments like those keep me alive.

Even though i've been doing this for years it never gets old. Just the thought of feeling the weapon in my hand is indescribable.

"Yeah, i'll be there in a minute." I shout back at him.

I take of my boxing gloves and head back to the office. Who the fuck was calling at this time? It better be something important.

I pick up the phone.

"Hello, Azail!" I immediately recognise that voice. Fucking Dante Amato. I roll my eyes.

Dante Amato was a very well known business man, who mostly worked with illegal stuff. When i started with my work, he was my first client. I had to kill his cousin, who betrayed him and fucked his wife.

He was also a piece of shit. Always that the he owned the world together with his son. Roberto, who was even worse than him.

Why is he calling after eight years? I told him that i wasn't going to work for him ever again.

What the fuck did he wanted now?

"Hello, sir. For what do i own this pleasure?" I ask. I wanted to cuss him of. Little shit.

"I have a job for you. Come to my office tomorrow." His voice is different from usual. More cold. More demanding. And i don't fucking like it. I don't like the way he thinks he can talk to me like that.

"I don't have time, sir. Maybe you can find someone else. I can even recommend some people, that i personally know."

"Azail, i'm asking you. Not someone else. I know you're best at this job and i want someone who can do this perfectly." He insisted but i wasn't interested.

"Sir, i told you i don't have time, i-" he interrupts me.

"I'm offering you 10 million to do this." He says finally.

What the fuck? What's so important that he offers fucking 10 million dollars?

"Meet me tomorrow at 6pm in my office." With that he ends the call.

I'm standing in front of his office. After fixing the sleeves of my suit jacket, i knock on the door. Was i stupid to be here? Yes. Why was i even considering working for him again? I have no clue.

"Come in." I hear Dante's voice from inside.

I open the door and enter. His office is on the 36th floor with a grand view of the city. His desk was in the middle of the room.

He sat on the leather chair. His hair was a mess, he had dark circles around his eyes, his clothes wrinkled.

He aged for about twenty years since i last saw him.

He looked nothing like Dante i knew.

"Sit, Azail." He gestured for me to sit on the chair, that sat on the left of his desk.

He pushed a file across the table. I opened and to my surprise it was a photo of a small girl.

What the fuck? What does he want from this child?

"Who's this girl?" I asked after few moments.

"The daughter of Armand Williams. I want you to kill her." He spat the name like it was a venom.

Armand was a very successful business man. Know for his hotels across the world. I didn't knew he had a little daughter. But again he was a very private man. I didn't knew anything about his personal life.

Was i ready to kill a innocent child? Fuck no.

"I'm not killing a small child, Dante. You know that." I pushed the files back at him.

"She's a grown ass women now. She's not a child anymore. We didn't have any other picture from her. Armand keeps her locked in his house. She must be in her 20's now. And even if she was a child i'm not gonna spare her life. I want Armand to suffer." He explained.

I have killed women before, i didn't really have a problem with that. And she was probably another rich brat. Every rich kid was the same. They were all fucking same. I knew that very well.

"So we need her location then. I need more time to plan out all of this." For this type of stuff, there is more time needed. We have to plant it to the last small detail.

"I already have a plan." He takes a cigar and lights it. "I heard that Armand is looking for a bodyguard for his precious little daughter, now that I'm trying to kill her."

I carefully listen to his plan. Where is he going with this?

"So i thought the best way for us to get to his daughter is, for you to be her bodyguard. You're gonna kill her and also steal some information for us. You have two weeks to make his life living hell. Do we have a deal?" He asks.

I didn't really have any experience when it comes to guarding someone. I was made to kill, not protect. But i guess i had to make it work. For 10 million, it might be worth it.

But there's one thing that's bothering me. And i finally ask him.

"Why are you doing this? What did he do to you?"

"He killed my son. Roberto. He shot him between the eyes a week ago." He says, clenching his fists. "And now it's time for me to do the same to his daughter."

And we finally me Azail. What are your thoughts on him? Do we like him or not?