chapter 5

- AZAIL -

"Do you like cupcakes?" She broke the awkward silence.

Her voice was soft and velvety. I could barely hear her.

I hated to admit but she was fucking beautiful. I wasn't expecting her to look like this. In all these years knowing Armand, i never knew he had a daughter. A hot daughter.

My eyes traveled over her face. Her long brown hair fell over her shoulders. Looking at her eyes, i noticed they were deep green with yellow sparkles in them. She had a small button nose that was covered in blush together with her chubby cheeks.

Get yourself together, Azail. You're here to kill her.

"Do you?" My thoughts were interrupted.

I just stared at her. Was she really asking me if i like cupcakes? The fuck?

I just hummed.

"Okay. I can make you some if you want. It would be a good way to start our friendship." She blushed even more, if that was possible.

Did she had a permanent smile on her face? What the fuck was she smiling the whole time about?

There was gonna be a zero friendship between us. In two weeks she was gonna be buried six feet under. I didn't need a friendship that was not gonna last even a month.

"I can show you around the house." She stood up and waited for me.

Standing up i realized how small she was. I was towering over her with my 6'4. She looked up at me, "Let's go."

Following behind her, we went to the kitchen. "I like to spend a lot of time here baking with Maggie. She's our maid, she's not here right now but you'll meet her for dinner." She gestured to the grand kitchen.

After showing me the kitchen, we went to the garden where she apparently likes to lay on the swing chair and read books. Her room was next. With so much excitement she showed me her small library in the left corner of her bedroom.

"You can borrow some of them, if you want." Moving to the balcony she said. "We can read together here. I always tried to make my dad read with me, but he doesn't like reading. I hope you do. We're also going to be together all the time, so it would be a good way to kill the boredom. But if you don't like reading, you don't have to. We can do something else. Like take walks by the lake. I can show you the secret spot that i like to visit. The other bodyguards don't know about it. Actually no one knows, but i'll show you. It can be our little place." She took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry for rambling." Averting her eyes on the floor she started playing with her small rings on her left hand.

Did she really expected me to do all of that? Fucking annoying. I didn't came here to entertain her.

"I'm not here to hang out with you, i'm here to protect you. That's all." I said with a stern voice.

Her face fell. A sad look formed on her face.

"Oh. I just thought that... you know we're going to be together all the time soo... but that's okay. If you don't want to be my friend, i mean." she gave me a sad smile.

Good. She had to know her place and me mine. I was here to do my job and that was it. I don't  need distractions.

"I'll show you your room." With that she left the room not looking up at me.

Walking behind her i noticed a tall dark brown door on my right.

"What's this room?" I asked her. She turned around and looked where i was pointing.

"That's my dad's office. But he always keeps it locked. Even i'm not allowed inside."

Hmm. I had to get in his office somehow. It was the best way to find something against him and find out informations for Dante.

Few doors after she showed me the room where i was going to stay.

——————

After we ate dinner Mila went to her room. I took my stuff from my car and went inside.

Going inside my room i put the bag on the chair next to the bed and went to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and went to the balcony. Taking a cigarette out of the small box, i put it between my lips and lit it. I inhaled the smoke and relaxed my breathing.

I looked on my left where i saw another small balcony. The lights were still on in the room. It was Mila's bedroom. She was awake.

After few minutes the balcony door opened and there she was. Dressed in tiny black shorts and baby blue crop top. Her hair was in a messy ponytail.

She looked breathtaking.

It was sad such a beauty was going to die in my hands.

Feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket, i went inside before she could see me.

I picked up. It was Dante.

"Yes, sir." I answered quietly. "Did you settle in?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Yeah. It seems like Armand really trusts me with his daughter."

"Good. If you find any type of information, i expect you to call me right away."

"I will, sir. Don't worry about it." I was planning to somehow get into his office. Since it was locked, he has to have important stuff there.

"Remember you have two weeks. No more than that." With that he hung up the phone.

Guess i had to get to work first thing in the morning.