chapter 12

- AZAIL -

"What did you find?" I closed the door behind me.

Mila went to her room and soon after i did the same.

"Are you not gonna ask me 'how are you brother, are you doing okay'?" Tony joked.

"I know you're fine Tony, probably eating. Now tell me what did you find."

"Okay, okay. Well Samuel used to work for Armand since he started with his company. They were really close friends, apparently they went to college together." He continued.

"Now, for an unknown reason they cut ties. They don't speak anymore, at least that's what i find out. Samuel stopped working for Armand seven years ago." There was a bark on the other line. Probably Moon, Tony's dog.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"No that's all. But i did find out where he lives." I wanted to know more. I had to figure out the letter situation. There was more to it. I had to find out what happened to Mila's mom.

"I can get information out of him. You know i can. Just say the word." I knew exactly what Tony was capable of.

"Do what you have to do." I heard a chuckle.

"I'm gonna go now. Call me when you get the informations." I was gonna hang up but he stopped me.

"Wait. Tell me how's everything going there. What's that girl like? You have one more week left you know." I didn't like how 'that girl' sounded. Mila was more than just that.

One week. I had to figure out how to get her out of this situation. I was going to do anything that was needed to safe her, so that's why i had to ask Tony for help.

"You like her, don't you?" I could picture the smirk on his face. That little shit. Of course he knew.

"Come on, Az. You think i wouldn't figure it out. If you didn't like her, you would have been blowing up my phone with messages of how annoying and bratty she is." That's true. I hate to admit it, but that's exactly what i would have been doing.

"Yeah, i do." I don't think i've ever confessed liking a girl before. I never got into a relationship. To me that was pointless. It was getting in my way of concentrating and focusing on my job.

So Mila actually blurring the line between my work and personal life meant that she was special.

She was special in the way that being with her was as easy as breathing. It was the most comfortable i've ever felt with anyone.

She was soo kind and pure that sometimes it felt like, i didn't deserve to be near her. To taint her with my blood covered hands.

Hands that killed so many people before.

"I knew it. I just knew. It isn't by accident that i'm the brains in our friendships." Cocky bastard.

"And what do you plan on doing. Are you gonna risk everything for her?" Of course i would.

"All i know is that i'm gonna get her out of this situation. She doesn't deserve all of this, Tony." I sat on the bed and looked out of the window. It was starting to rain.

"Whatever decision you make, i'll help you." I knew he would. He was always there for me as much as i was there for him. Ever since we became friends in high school, we never separated.

We would make plans on our future and how our kids would be best friends as well. But after starting to work as assassins our plans of ever having families of our own, went down the drain.