chapter 18

- AZAIL -

I stepped out of the house and heard the door lock.

Adriano and Matthew were standing at the gates. When they noticed me they gave me a quick nod and continued their conversation.

I got to know the bodyguards well through the time here. I trusted them with Mila.

I rushed to my car and speed of to the road. I had to return back as soon as possible.

Mila shouldn't be waiting for me.

There was a small store right before entering the town. It was small but i guess it had to do.

I parked my car on the side of the road and got out.

The store was tiny and cozy. There was an elderly lady by the counter. She had a friendly smile on her face. She welcomed and showed me where the fruits were placed.

There were all kinds of fruits. From strawberries to pomegranate. I should bring Mila here. She would love it.

I took the pack with blueberries and looked for some other stuff. Maybe i'll find some chocolate for Mila. She loves it. Eating chocolate is her every day routine.

I noticed some heart shaped chocolate cookies and immediately grabbed them.

I placed them on the counter and my eyes roamed over the store.

My eyes fell to the left corner. There were buch of different flowers stocked.

Peonies.

Mila's favourite flowers.

"Can you do a bouquet of flowers for me?" I asked the elderly lady.

"Of course. Which flowers do you want?" She showed me all of them and told me their meanings.

"Just the pink peonies, please." She took them and wrapped them in a brown paper.

"There must be a lucky girl in your life, huh?" She placed the bouquet on the counter.

"I'm the lucky one actually." I smiled to myself. I payed her and said a quick goodbye. I had to rush back.

I got into the car and placed the flowers on the passenger seat.

I can't wait for the date. It was going to be my first one as well.

In the past i've never went on dates. I didn't have time for that. So to experience it with Mila for the first time, was amazing and exciting.

I can't wait to see her and kiss her.

I'll tell her my feelings. I'll her her how much i love her.

But i'll also have to tell her the truth. I couldn't wait any longer. We didn't have much time.

Yes Dante agree to give me another week, but i couldn't just waste it.

My phone started ringing.

It was Tony.

I answered and put it on the speaker.

"What is it Tony?" I focused my eyes on the road.

"Is everything okay there?" There was concern laced in his voice.

"Yes, why?" I asked and turned on the left road the lead to Mila's house. Ten more minutes.

"Be careful, man. Dante is planning something. He was seen talking to Aleksei. I don't know what's going on, but i don't have a good feeling." Aleksei was another paid killer. He was brutal. I had met him couple of times and all i could say is that i don't like him.

I started to feel nervous. This was no good.

"Don't leave Mila alone, Az. I don't trust Dante." With that my heart started to beat fast. I had to go back as fast as i can.

I pressed on the gas and speed up the car.

"I'll call you later." Is all i said and hung up.

In five minutes i reached the house.

I parked it in-front of the gates. Adriano and Matthew were not here.

Where did they go?

Panic started to rise up in my chest. I walked to the door and tried to open it.

It was not locked.

I heard Mila lock it earlier. I thought to myself.

I stepped inside and called her name.

"Mila!"

Nothing.

I walked into the living room, but she was not there. She might be in the kitchen.

I went there and saw the ingredients on the counter were untouched. Where was she?

"Mila!" I called out again.

I started to walk towards the stairs. There were two broken vases on the vanity in the hallway.

I hurried upstairs.

"Mila, baby where are you?" I shouted this time.

I could hear the my voice echo in the empty hallway. The sound of my steps was the only thing i could hear. Everything else was quiet.

I didn't like the silence.

Maybe she was in the bathroom and she didn't hear me.

I got in front of her room and opened the door.

I stepped in.

Early morning update!!