Chapter 71: Overwhelmed

(A/N):
Hello there,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and apologize for this chapter being a little shorter than normal. I used this chapter to set up the rest of season 3 and the gap between seasons 3 and 4.

The next chapter will deal with the end of season 3!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy the chapter.

- MattFromWii

——————————————————————————

*February 1st, Western Mongolia*

The Light sat in silence, waiting for confirmation that their plans were successful. A GBS broadcast played on a display monitor with Cat Grant delivering the news.

Cat: "GBS has confirmed reports that a contingent of the Justice League has broken up a meta-trafficking ring in outer space and brought home 316 abducted teenagers, most of them now meta-activated. The Meta-Human Youth Center in Taos, New Mexico, is reportedly overwhelmed by the sudden influx. But is making arrangements to expand its services or open other branches."

Lex Luthor cut in as the broadcast cut to commercial break.

Luthor: "I believe it's now time to put our plan in motion."

————————————————————————

*Mansion Safe House*

(Y/n) was laying on the couch watching the same GBS broadcast. Titan was sprawled out nearby sound asleep while Zatanna worked on (Y/n)'s laptop at the kitchen table.

Cat: "In related news, yet another meta-human has joined Beast Boy's squad of young heroes. Known as Cyborg, the new Outsider has already made a splash by releasing this footage that places the blame for this deep space mega-trafficking ring squarely on the back of media magnate, Gretchen Goode. Claiming that the much beloved Gretchen Goode is actually an alien entity. Please be advised, some viewers may find this footage disturbing."

(Y/n) turned the tv off the second the disturbing video of Gretchen Goode merging with Granny Goodness appeared on the screen.

He sighed and snuggled into the couch, relaxing and letting the sound of Zatanna typing fill the room.

Minutes flew by and the former agent was about to fall asleep when he felt somebody straddle his waist. He opened his eyes to see Zatanna placing his laptop on his chest and turning it so he could see the screen.

Zatanna's hair was tied back in a ponytail and she wore a baggy sweater that used to belong to (Y/n). He'd given up trying to get it back a long time ago. Her dark gray leggings were insulated and one of her favorites.

Zatanna: "Stop staring at me, I need you to pick which one you like better."

A small hint of red formed on (Y/n)'s face as he shifted his gaze from Zatanna's face to the laptop screen. He saw two wedding invitations, each designed in a different style.

(Y/n): "Uh... the one on the left. I like the gold lettering and the red roses in the corners. But... don't you think it's a little early to be worrying about the invitations? We haven't even picked a venue or a date."

Zatanna: "I like the left one too. And no it isn't too early, I've been planning this with Artemis, Raquel and M'gann for a while."

(Y/n): "I guess I should pick up the slack and start helping out a little more."

The magician ran her hand through her fiancé's hair and smiled before turning the laptop back around.

Zatanna: "It's not your fault, you've been fairly busy. You can't blame yourself for wanting to rest in the few days of quiet time you get."