Christmas Special # 2

Merry Christmas!

This chapter is another "one shot" just like the one last year. Enjoy the chapter and have a Merry Christmas.

3rd Person POV:

Zatanna had a hop in her step as she made her way down the snow covered sidewalk of Gotham City. Her arms were full of bags, Christmas gifts to be more specific.

She normally wasn't a last minute shopper but League business had kept her extremely busy for the majority of the month and this was her first free day with enough time to get her shopping done.

After making sure she checked every item off her list, she made her way back to her apartment.

(Y/n) was away on a mission, so she had the entire afternoon to wrap up the presents and place them under the tree.

After a few hours of sipping hot chocolate, watching corny Christmas movies on cable and a lot of wrapping paper, Zatanna had finished wrapping all her gifts.

With a smile on her face and a satisfied sigh, she whispered a quick spell and all the wrapping supplies cleaned themselves up in an instant.

Zatanna: "There, and to think I was starting to get stressed about this."

With no time to spare, the front door handle clicked and (Y/n) stepped inside. The agent took off his large winter jacket and hung it up in the hall closet before kicking off his boots and walking towards the kitchen.

By the time (Y/n) arrived in the kitchen, Zatanna had whispered a quick spell and was attempting to act naturally. Her spell finished placing all the gifts under the tree as she pretended to not notice her husband approaching.

(Y/n): "You know, whenever you try to act natural, you always have a little hop in your step. Especially when you finish doing something you don't want me to notice."

Zatanna: "I don't know what you're talking about."

The agent hummed in amusement and stepped closer to his wife, smiling as she tried desperately to keep a massive smile off her face.

(Y/n): "So... what has you in such a cheery mood?"

Zatanna: "Maybe I'm just a happy person."

The agent smiled and wrapped his arms around Zatanna's waist, pulling her into him as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

(Y/n): "Oh you definitely are a happy person. But you can't keep any secrets from me."

Without warning, (Y/n) quickly kissed Zatanna's cheek. A hint of red found its way to her face as he moved down to her neck, securing her in place with his arms and swiftly finding her weak spot.

Zatanna: "Oh... O-Oaky... down boy... w-we still have to get dinner ready."

(Y/n): "Maybe if you tell me why you're so excited, I'll help with dinner."

The magician moaned in response and grabbed the back of his head, forcing his lips back to her neck with a fist full of his hair.

Zatanna: "Christmas.... Oh I'm excited for Christmas... I finished wrapping your gifts right before you got home!"

(Y/n) smiled and tore his lips away from Zatanna's neck. She let out a sigh and tried desperately to compose herself, though (Y/n) could see she wanted him to continue.

(Y/n): "Let's make some dinner. There'll be plenty of time for you to enjoy me later."

The magician scoffed, attempting to deny her husband some satisfaction and salvage her pride.