And You're A Meanie Head

"These cookies look great!" "Did you two really make them...together?"

Jungkook and Jimin smile at each other before facing the excited crowd of people in front of them.

"Yes we did!"

"They're so good!" "It's nice seeing the two of you getting along!"

Jungkook and Jimin thank the students before they all walk off.

"Was your Mom right about us ACTUALLY having an impact?" Jimin asks.

"I think so..." Jungkook responds.

Jimin smiles as he watches the students engaging, "That makes me happy..."

Jungkook chuckles, "Awwww Park, you have feelings?!"

Jimin glares now, of course Jungkook had to ruin this calm moment, "What'd I say about those stupid comments?"

"You see...It was actually more so of a question, I-"

Jimin rolls his eyes and walks off.

Jungkook was joking!

But this is exactly what Jimin is talking about.

Jungkook gives him such a hard time, how can he not dislike the older?

Jungkook chews his bottom lip, deep in thought as he walks away.

                         .        .       .

Jimin sits out during gym class, just as always, but today he isn't reading.

He's looking down at his grade in here nonstop, whining.

He knows it's his fault but still, this isn't fair!

Jimin huffs at the big zero, shaking his head. It isn't like him to fail anything, let alone THIS badly.

"Hey, Park-"

"What do you want?" Jimin asks, looking up at Jungkook with annoyance of just him in general, and his grade.

Jungkook and a failing grade isn't the greatest combination for him right now.

"Hey, don't forget we're supposed to be friends right now, we're in front of people."

Jimin sighs, looking back down at his phone, "Oh, right..."

Jungkook notices what's on the screen, but he doesn't laugh or tease.

Everyone knows Jimin gets only the highest grades, but it's gym class, since Jungkook has known the smaller he and everyone has always been fully aware, that Jimin Park does not do sports.

"Alright, get up."

"Hm?" Jimin hums, confusingly as he looks back up.

"Come on, we're gonna get your grade up. I'll help you."

Jimin squints his eyes as he watches everyone playing sports, being loud and aggressive, "I'm not good at sports."

Jungkook smiles softly, adoring Jimin when he seems more confused rather than, well, assholy, "You don't have to be. I'll teach you the basics, and we'll play together so you won't be alone...okay? I know how much you hate being around jocks, so you don't need to be around anyone else."

Jimin's scrunches his nose slightly; trying to figure out why the hell Jungkook seems so gentle all of a sudden.

But he still hates it and he still hates HIM!

"Why? Why help me?" Jimin asks.

Jungkook smacks his lips, growing impatient, "We're supposed to be friends! And besides, helping makes me look good too.." He then smirks, and any feeling Jimin had that Jungkook was being sweet, is gone now.

But Jungkook on the other hand...he's forcing himself to remember what their deal is.

He's actually quite bothered that he found himself naturally coming over here just to talk to Jimin, because he wanted to.

He doesn't hate that, but he also isn't trying to warm up to a person that will never warm up to him either.

"Okay, come on," Jungkook says, guiding himself and Jimin towards an empty basketball net. "Here's a ball for yourself and for me, so I can show you how."

Jimin nods, slowly taking the ball and staring at it as if it's his first time seeing one.

"Okay, so- here, hold the ball like this anddd- what are you doing?" Jungkook asks suddenly, watching Jimin with confusion.

"Ugh, I'm bad, okay?!" Jimin argues back, sassily.

"Why are you dribbling the ball with two hands? Only time you'll ever see that is with a five year old!" Jungkook says, laughing a little.

Jimin rolls his eyes, "Oh okay, like you can do much better?"

Jungkook makes a serious expression, effortlessly throwing the ball from a far distance and happily making it in the net.

Jimin gulps, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, "Okay so maybe I stepped into that one...whatever though, at least I'm playing, right?"

Jungkook chuckles, nodding his head, "Yes, I believe so..now, let's teach you."

He walks over to Jimin, "May I?" He asks, wondering if he can put his hands on top of Jimin's in order to really help him.

Jimin sighs, nodding his head gently, and Jungkook continues.

He stands right behind Jimin, and presses his hands above the smaller's, "Okay, now bring your arms up and aim like this..."

Jimin focuses, really trying to learn here, "Okayy, got it."

"Good. Now shoot it," Jungkook says backing up and smiling once Jimin stays in the perfect position.

Jimin shoots it, and what'd ya know, he makes it in.

"Nice! Yes!" Jungkook exclaims, clapping excitedly.

Jimin smiles softly, feeling pretty proud of himself, "T-That was good?"

"It was!" Jungkook says, happily handing Jimin his ball again.
"Okay, can you do that again?"

Jimin make a nervous face, going into what he believes is the correct position. He shoots, and once he sees the ball smoothly go through the net, he claps loudly along with Jungkook. "I'm good! I'm good!"

Jungkook chuckles, nodding his head as he runs over and grabs Jimin's ball for him again, "You are! Okay, now let's play a one-on-one game."

Jimin's eyes widen, "Huh?!"

                           .      .     .

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

Jimin rolls his eyes. "Jungkook, I am not saying it again-"

"Ah ah ah, look at your grade going up, I think I deserve to hear it one more time!" Jungkook say as he tries to keep up with Jimin's fast paste.

"Fine!...thank you..."

Jungkook smiles so widely.

It's so nice hearing Jimin say that, why is it SO NICE hearing Jimin say that?!

"You're welcome Jiminsii, I'll help you play everyday-"

"Is that my new name now?" Jimin sighs, while opening his locker door.

Jungkook leans against it, "Yes, I like the way it sounds. It's cute!"

Jimin chuckles, shaking his head, "You're annoying."

Jungkook pouts, "And you're a meanie head."

"Welp. The name is better than sweetie pie. Now, make sure you're here tomorrow, because you are I going to prove to these kids and your mother that we're really best friends."

"Oh? Are you saying we're best friends  now-"

"Goodbye."

Jimin slams his locker shut and walks away, and Jungkook can't fight back a smile.

"I know you want to say it Park! Stop fighting it!"