Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I didn't know why I was overthinking this.

It wasn't as if Zion went to a party without me knowing. He literally told me that he was going to a party at na nandoon iyong Camille. If he plans to cheat (although hindi pa naman kami), why would he tell me that, right?

But what if he told me that so that I'll think like this?

Ano ba 'yan.

I decided that I should not dwell on this. This was so bad for my mental health. I knew that. I mean, alam mo 'yon? Alam mo naman sa sarili mo na mali, but you're like some child with no impulse control kasi kahit alam mo na mali, gagawin mo pa rin?

Na gusto kong magfocus na lang sa ibang bagay, but I found myself checking Camille's instagram account.

And I saw na may stories doon.

I wanted to click on the stories so badly.

"Yeah?" sagot ni Nikki nang sagutin niya ang tawag ko.

"Tell me to stop."

"Sure, but what are we talking about?"

"Nasa party si Zion kasama si Nikki. I shouldn't watch her IG stories, right?"

Ni hindi kailangan ni Nikki na mapunta sa harapan ko para malaman ko na umiiling siya. Siya iyong tinawagan ko kasi siya iyong mas rational. For sure if si Gem ang kausap ko, baka siya pa ang pumindot nung story mismo.

"Yeah, don't do that," Nikki said. "I mean, if she's after Zion, best believe that she'll posts stories to annoy the fuck out of you. She's a bitch like that."

Sandali akong natahimik. "What kind of stories?"

"Just stories," she said. "Just do something else. Seriously, I say this with love, but you're gonna destroy whatever you have with Zion because of your overthinking."

Napabuntung-hininga ako. "I know but—"

"No buts," she replied. "Do something else. Seriously. Busy yourself. Don't always think about what Zion's doing. Have a life."

"I have a life—"

"Babe, I love you, but right now, you don't," sabi niya sa akin. "Stop being so dependent on Zion. For me, a relationship is the best when you two are together because you want to, not because you need to. You need to be a complete person yourself. You can't go into overthinking whenever he does something."

"I know—"

"Then do it. It's not enough that you just know it. You also have to apply it."

Hindi ako nagsalita.

"Do it," she said. "Watch some series, read a book, heck, write a fucking story. Anything to occupy your time. You're gonna be so much better that way, I promise."

I sighed. "Okay... Punta na lang ako kay Gem."

"Oh, no," she said. "Pareho kayong dalawa na overthinker," she continued. "Just stay in your condo and do stuff. And don't obsessively check your phone."

"Paano if magtext si Zion?"

"Then reply tomorrow," she said. "You don't have to reply the second he texts. He doesn't do the same, right?"

"Yeah, but he has work—"

"And you have, too," she replied. "Babe, at some point, he's gonna leave Manila again to work someplace else. What then? You're gonna get your brain into overdrive with all the overthinking."