[16.] Good News & Bad News

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

TXT had just been informed about their first overseas tour. They were going to be visiting six American cities in the span of two weeks in May. It was big news. The boys and Dao were ecstatic when PD-nim told them, but then it dawned on them just how many hours of practice were going to be needed to pull this off perfectly.

So they were practicing hard every day. They had choreography practice and vocal practice, and on top of that, they were trying to fit in time to get their next album finished.

Dao walked into the dance room early on a Wednesday morning, she woke up late but thanks to Yeonjun she at least managed to get a few hours of sleep. They'd all been working nonstop with very little time to eat, let alone get a good night's rest in. And since Dao had been pushing herself harder than all of them when Yeonjun found her sleeping on the couch this morning he threatened the other boys not to wake her up; not to make a sound, not to even breathe near her.

Dao was actually really thankful.

She set her bag down in the corner of the room as she began stretching before practice started. The boys envied how flexible Dao was and how easy it was for her to do the splits. Beomgyu ran up to her and squatted down in front of Dao with a grin on his face. Dao had her hands pressed to the floor as she stretched one leg out after the other, but when she noticed Beomgyu watching her a smile found its way onto her face.

"What did you do now, Gyu?" she asked.

"Noona, you'll take my side, right?" Beomgyu asked with puppy eyes.

"Of course," Dao said without thinking.

"Good," Beomgyu clapped his hands. He then grabbed Dao's hands just as she completely split her legs and suddenly she was being dragged to her feet. She almost fell but Beomgyu quickly supported her. He then spun her around and practically used Dao as a human shield. Yeonjun came running up to the two with a ruler in his hand (probably the first thing he saw) he tried to lightly hit Beomgyu on the head with it but Dao stopped him.

"Noona, don't stop me! He won't stop annoying me this morning!" Yeonjun exclaimed as he got the ruler taken away from him.

"You're his hyung, Yeonjunie," Dao reminded him. "You can't hurt our Beomgyu," she said and wrapped her arms around Beomgyu who leaned his head down on her shoulder and stuck his tongue out at Yeonjun.

"He's the middle child, he isn't our maknae!"

"He's still a baby," Dao said.

"I'm Dao noona's baby," Beomgyu bragged like a spoiled child. Yeonjun rolled his eyes while Dao laughed at him.

***

Practice ended early for Dao when her period made a week-early surprise visit. She was practicing the hook of their dance when a wave of pain hit her and she groaned out loud. Immediately, Soobin who was the closest to her faltered in his steps when he saw Dao stumble in her move and clutch her stomach. Yeonjun was the second one to notice. He held a hand up and stopped everyone in the middle of the dance as the music played on.

"What's wrong?" Taehyun asked.

"What is it?" Kai asked and got up from his crouched position.

"Noona?" Beomgyu looked at Dao in concern.

She really wanted to pretend that she was fine but when it came to her period cramps it was like hell on earth. She always retreated herself into a ball. She couldn't carry on with practice even if she wanted to, not unless she had warm water and two painkillers.