#1.5: Silence

JUNGKOOK WAS WIDE awake, and hungry - but not because he was actually hungry

JUNGKOOK WAS WIDE awake, and hungry - but not because he was actually hungry. It was because he was stressed.

He slept for approximately an hour the night before, before waking up and not knowing what to do. Minutes turned into hours, and he lay awake there, staring at his ceiling, while the woman he once used to share the same bed with was sleeping beside him so peacefully, wearing his clothes. 

He wondered, how had his life come here? 

Following a lot of self-doubts, overthinking about what-ifs, the third hour rolled in. Deciding it was for the best, he got up to fetch himself a glass of water. Walked over to his fridge in his kitchen, and used the dispenser to fill his glass with ice cubes. Made sure he made no noise. 

Slowly uncapped a bottle of water. Poured it even more slowly, making sure no audible sound that may awake Hyunjae was created. 

Jungkook, in the back of his head, knew it was useless. She was drunk, and as far as his experiences with a drunk Hyunjae went, she was going to be knocked out for at least five more hours. And would wake up super irritated and hangry. Well, at least she had dinner with him, so wouldn't be famished. Would be irritated, though.

It was comical how Jungkook remembered all these teeny tiny details about her. Knew her like the back of his hand. Now that he thought about it, maybe knew her better than he knew the back of his hand. 

Shaking his head, he silently opened a cabinet, in search of some snacks to munch on. Jungkook was a stress eater and needed something to munch on while he stressed over something. His mind was using up all the fuel for thinking, and he needed to recharge. 

He found a bag of chips - and after crunching on one, he decided they were too loud for his liking - kept them back. Rummaged some more, but slowly. Silently. Made sure no noise was created. 

Found a box of peanut butter chocolates, and ate one. Decided it was too sweet, and he shouldn't give Eun more than one in a single sitting. Kept them again, and sighed. Opened his drawer of herbal teas.

Taehyung had gifted Jungkook an expensive set of herbal teas after he had expressed his desire to cut the caffeine. Jungkook had gladly accepted them and stored them in a drawer to never open them again. Seems like it was another thing he had failed in, once again.

Pushing his glasses back to his nose bridge, Jungkook read the contents of the Tea packet. Lavender, it said, and was a loud violet colour. Add honey, and drink before sleeping for the best results.

Jungkook took a pot and boiled water on the cooktop because he couldn't risk the kettle or the microwave making noise. Made the tea in silence. Checked if Hyunjae had woken up. Returned back to the kitchen after he saw that she was completely knocked out.

With a warm cup of tea in hand, he settled into the sofa in his living room after flipping the lights in the kitchen off.

That's when he saw it - Hyunjae's diary. Staring back at him, from the coffee table, as if glowing in the light of the huge lamp beside his sofa.