#1.6: lunch periods

Dear Diary,

I met with Eunwoo after school today. I did apologise as well. I told him I was too intimidated, and knew if I didn't stand up for myself, it would happen again. 

He laughed, like really, laughed at my silliness. He said kids in our school aren't like that, and they were only teasing me. He thought it was cute. He also thought I was cute. My eyes widened at that statement, and he said that my bravery was cute. 

I really dunno what he meant by that? And I had to not take any chances in regard to bullying. It is huge here, and even Dad made me aware of it so that I'll look out for myself. I mean, you can never be too safe, you know?

But I know, it was teasing. I've seen them teasing new kids back in England. How it turns into slight bullying. I don't want it to happen to me. It always scares me a little bit. I know my school is a decent one, and hopefully, nothing will happen. To me or anyone else. I have my fingers crossed. It doesn't take long for people to do bad things though. One wrong influence or one misstep may change the path of someone's life. And this is just us, not even the seniors. I have heard they have an air of superiority to them, and honestly, I want to stay away.

I didn't tell Eunwoo that though, I just agreed with him. I have to say, he is cute, so it's nice when he smiles. He complimented my hair. I'm thinking of growing it out as it's supposed to be a trend nowadays, and it gave me a confidence boost when he said a positive thing about it. 

He asked me for my number, and I did give him mine. He said he'd text me, but I've not received anything yet. I had to leave for home and go to my classes though, so I just left from there. He offered to walk me back as well, but he quite literally lives in the opposite direction so I just declined (politely.) 

That's it. Nothing dramatic. 

This is what I need in life. Calmness.

–현재

Dear Diary, 

Jungkook came up to me during lunch today. He had no place elsewhere to sit, and his friends also joined our table, which just had me, Karina, Yebin and Wei. I didn't share a single class with either him or his friends. 

Karina knew everyone, so she was making small talk, but I was silent. I felt like he was staring at me, and it made me a bit uncomfortable. That's not the right word. I wasn't like, uneasy about it, but I just, didn't know what to do when I knew he was scrutinising my every move. His stare was so intense, I swear I halted a couple of times while eating. 

Awkward. That's the word. I was sooooooo awkward. Out of the place. 

After gathering some courage, I tilted my head and looked at him questioningly when he wasn't even trying to be subtle about it, and he just smiled a pretty smile.