Chapter: 2 The Interview

" You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honour."
~ Aristotle

" ~ Aristotle

The sun had already risen over New York City, but it was still chilly outside

The sun had already risen over New York City, but it was still chilly outside. The temperature was hovering around 45 degrees Fahrenheit, with a light breeze blowing through the city.

Despite the cool temperature, the sky was mostly clear, with only a few scattered clouds in the distance. The sun was shining brightly, casting a warm glow over the city and illuminating the skyscrapers that rose up towards the sky.

I made my way to the parking lot of the the De Luca industries.I opened the door and slowly stepped out.

I took my resume from the backseat, locked the car and made my way the the front desk of the company.

As i made my way there i saw many people staring at me, i shrugged it off thinking nothing about it.

As i reached the front desk i saw a girl standing behind the desk she was dressed in a formal business attire consisting of a white blouse, black skirt and a blazer with her hair tied in a neat bun.

I approached the desk and asked " good morning, I'm here for an interview for the position of personal assistant. Iwas wondering if you could direct me to the interview room?"

She smiled at me and replied.

"good morning, and the interview is happening on the 76th floor, you can use that elevator to reach it." as she pointed to the elevator on her right .

"Thank you, I'm Aurelia by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you " i introduced myself to her with a smile on my face.

" I'm Emily and the pleasures all mine, i hope you get the job Ellie, do you mind me calling you that?" She said with a bright smile on her face.

"Not at all, as long as i get to call you 'em' . Thanks for the directions " i said as i made my way to the elevator i heard her shout a no problem in my direction.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button to the 76th floor and waited for it to open. As the door opened the first thing i saw ,was that there were at least ten people on the floor. Who i guess were also there for the interview.

There were 3 male and seven females sitting there. I made my way to an empty chair which to my relief was a little away from all of them .

As we all we all waited to be called. I scanned the room to see how the others were doing, all the girls were wearing skimpy clothes, the shirts were were too tight fom them, their skirts ridden up to their mid thigh and the top two buttons on their shirt/blouse were unbuttoned.

The faces were caked with makeup and they were doing finishing touches to their faces every 5 minutes. I looked to the other side where the men were, they were all dressed in a black suit with white shirt, their hair groomed neatly.

After looking at looking at all of them I felt little self conscious as I was the only one who is wearing slacks instead of skirt and I wasn't wearing heels at all I was wearing boots.

Just then a middle aged lady came out of the door with a smile on her face and said " the interview is about to start, you all are expected to go in, and if you are selected then you will be informed later" with that she went away.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

One by one everyone started to go in. They all came out disappointed ( men ) angry or crying in the case of girls. I I was getting a little bit scared as they all were rejected.

Suddenly then the door of the office opened and a handsome man steeped out it He had a chiseled jawline and strong, well-defined facial features, like high cheekbones and a straight nose. and without even looking at me he said " you're hired" and went away.

I was shocked 'i was supposed to be interviewed not accepted right away '
The lady came towards me and said " come let me show you your office. I'm linda by the way

I composed myself " hii linda I'm Aurelia did that really hust happened or was it my imagination " i was still confused with the whole situation

"The boss has fired 20 secretaries in one month so it's normal. anyways this is your office there's a chart here which has all the things you need to do . Best of luck aurelia "

I shook my head and started organise my office .

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

I was driving home after the tour . It was beginning to go dark . I parked my car as i reached home and fished out my keys to unlock the door.

I made some sweet potato peanut bisque soup for myself as dinner. After eating i cleaned the house and layed on my bed . My last thought before sleep overtook me was ' what a day '

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Hey everyone!! I know the chapter is boring right now but i promise that it's going to be interesting soon .

Please vote and comment how you want the next chapter to go.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Sir flapjack: knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.

Chairman meow: wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Aurelia: philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie.

Author: common sense is knowing that Ketchum isn't a FUCKING smoothie.

Target: 10 votes, 8 comments