Chapter 8 The Familiar Face

Author's note :~ okay people, my mind has been empty and my well was dry so i couldn't come up with anything intresting than this . Hopefully you all will like the word vomit i call a chapter.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Such wounds to the heart will probably never heal .But we cannot simply sit and stare at our wounds forever

~Haruki Murakami

Aurelia's POV

I woke up the next day stretching up on the soft bed as a laid my head down on the cloud like pillow for a while to wake up fully. The mattress was so soft that I just wanted to lay in it and not get up ' but you have to' I remind myself that I have to work I have a presentation today so glancing at the clock I check the time which was 4 o'clock.

I got up did some stretching and exercise took out my clothes for the meeting and went inside the bathroom to freshen up. I did my skin care morning routine and after wearing the clothes.

I was searching for my makeup in my bag when I caught the sight of my pendant  a small thread from my T-shirt was latched into it took carefully taking it out I kept that locket in my hand remembering vividly

I was searching for my makeup in my bag when I caught the sight of my pendant a small thread from my T-shirt was latched into it took carefully taking it out I kept that locket in my hand remembering vividly

~{Flashback}~ Third person POV.

The room was dimly lit, the only source of light coming from a flickering lamp in the corner. The air hung heavy with tension, as if carrying the weight of unspoken secrets. Aurelia is seen with a somber expression etched upon her face, huddled in the corner, her eyes filled with a mixture of sadness and longing.

a tall and imposing figure, stood before her. His face wore a hardened expression, and his voice dripped with bitterness as he spoke. "That locket you have," he sneered, "It's the only thing you have left of your worthless parents."

As he uttered those words, her heart sank. Her small fingers trembled as she clutched the locket, the only connection she had to the parents she never knew. It was a delicate piece, the letter V in the center adorned with intricate engravings and held together by a fragile chain. It had always been her most cherished possession, a symbol of hope and love in a world tainted by darkness.

his words echoing through the room like shards of glass. "They abandoned you, left you to rot," he spat. "You're lucky I took you in, even if you're nothing but a burden."

Hot tears welled up in the her eyes as the weight of the man's words settled upon her young shoulders. She felt the sting of abandonment, the ache of not knowing her own parents, and the bitter taste of her of her ruined childhood. She longed for answers, for a sense of belonging that always seemed just out of reach.