Chapter 12

Celine

Now

I open my eyes. Did I just dream about my first kiss with Charles while Liam is sleeping next to me?
I stand up making my way to the kitchen, I need some water. The penthouse is quiet, the sound of the rain beating on the windows fills the room.
I got to know this place by heart, I've been back for almost five weeks, things are great between me and Liam, we saw each other a lot after the kiss at Charles' apartment but nothing too serious. We're taking it slow, we just slept together sometimes, when I was too tired to drive home, but nothing apart from that.

I managed to avoid Charles, thanks to the winter break, he probably has been somewhere with Alexandra. Now anyway he's back, cause I met him yesterday at the bookshop, but once again I didn't talk to him. I still work at the shop, even if Alex knows about my past with Charles and is probably scared I'll steal him from her, which is really stupid. She hates me, and she didn't hesitate to show it to me.

When I go back to bed Liam is half awake, waiting for me.

"Everything's alright?" His voice is sleepy and when his arms close around my chest bringing me closer to him I can smell his perfume. I'm happy and resting my head on his bare chest I feel at ease.

"Yes, don't worry. I was just thirsty." His lips leave a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Let's go back to sleep, cherie. It's still dark outside." It has been a long time since I felt like this, Liam's good with words, he's able to make me melt just by telling me something sweet or caring. It makes me think about Charles, but I shouldn't.

We stay like this, holding each other, his lips on my head. And as every time I'm with him, I'm able to fall back to sleep in a few minutes. I don't know exactly how long it has been since we went back to sleep, but when I open my eyes again we're in the same position as last night. This makes me smile, I really do like sleeping over also because I alway feel cared for, protected in some way, so much that I can have a full night's sleep.

When I'm alone, in my empty bed, the night is the moment of the day I hate the most, the moment all my fears from New York hunt me and I feel powerless.

"Good morning Cel." His eyes are still closed, I probably woke him by moving in his arms.

"Good morning to you too." I stretch, and facing him I make our lips meet in a light kiss.
"Someone woke up clingy today!" He's messing with me, and we both laugh at his stupid comment.
"You're such a tease, hope you're aware." I get back to him with the same hilarious tone before adding,
"Credit goes to you, if I did!"

"You flatter me, cherie." Every time he calls me that I can't help but blush, it makes me feel important to him.

"You definitely needed a boost to your ego, this bed's becoming too small!" I joke, moving away from him, pretending to be falling.
"Look! There's no more space for me."Liam squeezes his eyes and throws his head back, laughing heartily.

"This was funny, I'll give it to you!" I don't have the time to think about anything else, his hands grab my hips pinning me to the mattress. His chest is hard on mine, pleasantly warm. But I feel it for a few seconds, then he starts to tickle me everywhere.

"Stop it please!" I beg him, unable to hold my laugh.
"What? Pardonne-moi I can't understand what you said!" I don't even try to move, to escape his hold, because right now is like being in paradise.

"I beg you Liam! It's seven in the morning, the neighbors will report you for loud and disturbing noises." I tell him trying to convince him, he doesn't care though.

"Let them, if that's what it takes to hear your laugh. I don't care." Now we're both serious, neither of us is speaking. His hands on the sides of my face, his tense body a few inches from mine.

"You're beautiful Celine, I've never met someone as gorgeous as you." He's serious, I think, since his cheeks are suddenly turning red. I have no time, however, to answer him because his mouth is on mine. The contact is brief, so much so that it leaves me unsatisfied. "Another one?" I ask him, teasing and waiting for his lips to be back on mine. And when they are, everything around disappears. His hands slip under my t-shirt making me shiver. If our mouths were touching delicately before, now the kiss is deeper, more urgent and passionate. The warmth of his body makes me moan and as I try to pull myself closer to him I feel something hard under my belly. When I realize, I try to look at him smiling, actually amused by his situation. "Sorry..." But my lips crush again on his "don't be" I whisper, his tongue explores my mouth, our breaths mingle together. Before I can stop, I find myself longing for more contact between our bodies, his hardness pressures between my legs, just in the right spot. I'd love to have more but I also promised myself I would have waited. Luckily, for once, the ringtone erupts in our intimacy, saving me from my own desire.