chapter 11

DISCLAIMER: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling. This fiction is purely for my own enjoyment and yours. No money is being made by me or anyone else from this fiction.
.
.
.

"I knew the rumors had to be false, of course dear, but naturally I wanted to see for myself. Pansy did tell me you two had a fight yesterday, so you can see why I was a bit worried," Narcissa said as she and Hermione walked up the stairs. Hermione was shocked. Is this really happening? Am I really having an amicable conversation with Narcissa Malfoy? Wait...

"Pansy told you? But how did Pansy..." Hermione trailed off. Of course. I went to Diagon Alley, and Draco went to see Pansy. Why isn't he getting the "having an affair" crap?

"Draco went to see her yesterday after you left. Seems he was pretty agitated. What did you fight about?" Narcissa continued to talk as they made their way into her bedroom.

Hermione was still reeling over the whole situation. "The baby," she said absently. "We had to go to Saint Mungos yesterday morning because I had a few fainting spells."

Narcissa looked alarmed, so Hermione patted her arm. "Don't worry, the baby and I are fine. Draco was just...worried, I guess. And you saw me downstairs. I'm a bit emotional." Hermione frowned. She hated not being in control. But ever since she woke up beside Draco it seemed like her emotional control had flown out the window. Along with her senses. Am I really getting ready to go on a date with Draco Malfoy?

Beside her, Narcissa sighed in relief. "I'm glad to hear it. Do tell me if you are feeling even the slightest bit ill, dear."

Hermione nodded silently and allowed Narcissa to pull her into the enormous closet. Hermione glared at the giant mirror.

"Mrs. Malfoy!" cried the mirror nervously. "And Mrs. Malfoy! What can I help you with today?"

Hermione fixed it with a stern glare and Narcissa did likewise. "You can't help me with anything, mirror. And you won't be helping me with anything ever again," Hermione spat. Sudden inspiration hit her as she pulled out her wand. "This is what you get for messing with a Malfoy, mirror!" Hermione cried, then uttered the incantation. The mirror cried out in horror as yellow-green light poured from Hermione's wand and enveloped it from all sides. With one last pitiful cry, the mirror was silent. Hermione examined the mirror carefully and tapped it with her wand. When she was sure the spell had worked, she smirked.

Suddenly peals of girlish laughter rang out through the room. Hermione turned around in shock to see Narcissa covering her mouth. "A bit dramatic," choked Narcissa. "But I liked it."

Hermione held her gaze a moment before both of them dissolved into laughter. Yep, I've officially went around the bend, thought Hermione. I'm having a laughing fit with Narcissa Malfoy. Will the insanity ever end?

Finally the laughter died down. Narcissa and Hermione wiped tears from their eyes. "Well, that was fun. I haven't laughed like that in quite a while. Why don't you run yourself a bath while I pick out a few outfits for you? Then I'll help you with your hair later," Narcissa said with a smile. Hermione smiled back. She got the feeling Narcissa liked having a daughter to dote upon.

Leaving Narcissa to coordinate outfits, Hermione made her way to the bathroom adjacent to her suite. After seeing the size of her walk-in closet, Hermione was not surprised at the ridiculous size of her bathroom, which was twice the size of her bedroom at home. Not only was there an enormous jacuzzi bathtub, but there was a large walk-in shower and a huge vanity with two sinks and a mirror running the full length of it. The tile in here was dark green and like the ceiling in Evanna's room, it had been enchanted. Only instead of a sky, this ceiling depicted a jungle canopy, making Hermione feel as though she were stepping into a forest pool as she slid into the warm water of the jacuzzi tub.