chapter 15

DISCLAIMER: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling. This fiction is purely for my own enjoyment and yours. No money is being made by me or anyone else from this fiction.
.
.
.
.

Hermione was dreaming. She dreamed Professor Snape was standing over her, berating her for falling asleep. Then Harry was there, telling her if she didn't wake up soon, she would be behind in studying for her O.W.L.S. Finally, Ron was there, awkwardly patting her hand before Madame Pomfrey came in and shooed him away so she could give Hermione a dark blue potion. It smelled foul, and Hermione turned up her nose at it. "Don't make me drink it, Madame Pomfrey," Hermione mumbled and threw an arm over her face.

A loud snort jolted her into wakefulness. Hermione looked around, confused for a moment that she wasn't in the Hospital Wing. She rolled over on the silk sheets she was laying on towards the source of the snort. Draco Malfoy was curled up like a cat in a squashy green arm chair, hugging a large black pillow. The events of the past two days came rushing back to her and she laughed out loud, startling Malfoy. He jumped and fell to the floor for the second morning in a row, cursing as he fell. "Damnit Hermione!" He scowled up at her from his spot on the floor. "Still here, are we?" he asked.

Hermione smothered another laugh. "It appears so," she said, suddenly feeling entirely too chipper for early morning. Draco seemed to agree with this.

"Are we ever going to get back to reality?" he asked grumpily. He pushed himself up from the floor and jerkily straightened his shirt.

Hermione's smile faded and she frowned. "I don't know," she said slowly to Draco's back as he crossed the room and entered the adjoining bathroom. "I thought the potion would be out of our system by now. I mean, we've been here for two days!" In the bathroom, Draco grunted, which was apparently all the conversation she was going to get out of him at the moment. She snorted. Just like Harry and Ron, she thought. A twinge of sadness stole through her at the thought of Harry, but she pushed it aside. That was in this dream world. Harry would be fine, if she would just wake up. If I would just wake up.

"Draco," Hermione said suddenly. He poked his head out of the bathroom door giving her an annoyed look. The effect however was mostly wasted with a toothbrush hanging out of his mouth. Hermione rolled her eyes. "Do you want to try brewing a potion today? I can't guarantee it will work, but it's worth a try." She looked up when she heard a spitting noise. Draco had disappeared into the bathroom again and came out wiping his mouth on a towel.

"Yes. Father has a potions lab downstairs. We could use that," he said.

Hermione perked up. "You have your own personal potions lab?" Draco gave her a look. She rolled her eyes. Of course the Malfoys have their own personal lab. Probably for brewing poisons. Breathing deeply through her nose, Hermione tried to remember the somewhat reluctant truce they had called. She was still confused about the whole thing, especially Draco's kisses. What exactly are my feelings for Draco now? She shook her head. It was too complicated to think about now. But if I don't think about it now, I may never have another chance.

"Great! You can take me down there after breakfast, and we'll get started," Hermione said brightly. Draco scowled but nodded. Apparently he was still grumpy, and Hermione's chipper mood wasn't helping any. She jumped out of bed and left the room without another word, heading for her luxurious bathroom. As she slid into the warm water of the bath tub, Hermione once again reflected on how much she would miss this bathroom. Then the absurdity of this idea struck her and she laughed out loud. Imagine, me missing a bathroom, Hermione thought giddily.

She dressed quickly in a simple pink t-shirt and jeans and then practically skipped to the kitchen for some breakfast. When she arrived, Draco was already there, nursing a cup of tea. Still feeling giddy, she smiled at him, which earned her a scowl. "Why are you so bloody happy this morning?" Draco growled. Hermione gave him an amused smile as she considered the question.