Chapter 16

*******************

Two Weeks Later

*******************

It hasn't been so hard to slay the demons this time in comparison to those of the past. Only two weeks passed since Daniel's assault against me and Ian, and I've already managed to rise like a phoenix - from ash into a new beginning. Surprisingly enough, I didn't even need counselling as I had Dorian's, Jack's and Ian's support throughout. They hardly ever left my side and even at work, Anna transferred her desk next to my cubicle to keep a constant eye on me. I couldn't have asked for a better support team. It's fair to say, I saw them all as my heroes.

"Sam!" Ian's screeching woke me up from a daydream on Saturday afternoon.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes, then jumped out of bed and found Ian sprawled in his bed half-naked. "What is it?" I squinted at his pale face and looked at the time. It was few minutes after two, he must have just woken up after his nightshift.

"I want to take you out for lunch. Callum and I need your advice." He sprung on his elbows and looked at me puzzled. "We want to get married."

My eyes popped in disbelief. It seemed like only yesterday they've been arguing their differences and now Ian wants to marry Callum. Or other way around. I studied his face for quite some time, unable to tell whether he was joking or talking serious. "You're serious?" I went to sit on the foot of his bed and looked at his suddenly bright face.

A wide smile drew his lips. "After the incident two weeks ago, Call and I have been talking about moving in together. You know, for my own safety and certainty, and then it naturally hit us. Why can't we get married? It's legal here in California, right?"

I shrug my shoulders as I have never given a homosexual marriage much of a thought before. "And what sort of possible advice do you guys need from me?"

Ian crawled up to me and sagged deeper in the mattress. "We need your opinion how we should do it. It's obvious it'll have to be discreet as his parents aren't too supportive of our relationship and would never approve the marriage to be worthy." He spoke enthused, "but we have few ideas and it'd be fantastic if you've told us your opinion on the matter."

Seeing him so happy didn't leave me any other choice but to accept the lunch offer. "Ok, I'll be ready in an hour." I smiled back at his cheerful face and disappeared to my room.

Back in my bedroom, I had a peak through the closed curtains into the house across the street. Dorian's car wasn't in his driveway and the house looked empty. I couldn't help but wonder what was he up to as I haven't heard from him since yesterday. Usually, he'd text me right about this time in the afternoon just to check up on me. Jack, on the other hand, wouldn't text. Instead, he'd show up unannounced and see how I was doing. At times, he'd bring a goodie-bag full of fruits and a bottle of champagne which he'd help me empty in an odd evening in front of a TV. Both men showed an exceptionally careful amount of attention and I was beginning to get used to being wrapped in a bubble wrap by them both. None of them, however, made any further romantic moves towards me, which made me think whether I was doing something wrong. Secretly, the admiration made me want to experience what I haven't in a long, long time. I wanted a man's touch, a soft grip just above my hip bone and a whisper in my ear, that would send my body into quiver. Perhaps I was expecting too much but I couldn't resist the temptation of a thought that one day, one of them will claim me as their own. I was a hungry kitten waiting to be turned into a lioness.

Sliding into a clean pair of white jeans and a dark green silk blouse with a plunging neckline, I stared at my own reflection in the mirror, admiring my newly found curves. Ian has been deliberately nagging me to eat more since I was too bony, according to him. And so I did. My waist looked a tad fuller with hips curving nicely and most importantly, I felt better than ever. I felt sexy for the first time in a long while.