13.

Ciel glared silently at his quiet guest that sat across from him, barely aware of the dark green trees that blurred by the window of the carriage.

It confused and maddened him how she could make it seem like he wasn't even there, like he wasn't glaring daggers at her.

Feeling like it wouldn't do any good to just keep staring at her - since she wasn't going to acknowledge him anymore - Ciel looked away and began to glare out the window, but that only made him remember this morning...

That Morning....

"Sebastian... where are our guests? It has been almost an hour since breakfast has started, and i have not seen either one of them!"Ciel complained. He was hungry and he wanted to get a head start on the case today - in favor that his guest, Lady Carrington, wanted to start early.

But that could not happen if nobody has eaten breakfast yet...

Sebastian, who just walked in from the kitchen, looked upwards with a confused expression.

"Hmm. If I remember correctly, Lady Elizabeth requested for breakfast in bed, and Lady Isabellena was waiting for something in the foyer by the front door..."Sebastian stated.

Ciel's eyes widened, standing up instantly, ignoring the sound his chair made as he pushed it back,"What! Why would she be doing that!? Is she afraid Elizabeth was in here?"

Sebastian shrugged, making Ciel huff in slight anger.

Taking a moment to calm down, Ciel stood straight, smoothing his jacket, then proceeded to the dining room door, Sebastian silently following behind him.

It wasn't long before Ciel made it to his foyer, instantly spotting Isabellena and Nicolas.

"Lady Isabellena... may I ask why you are waiting here instead of eating breakfast?"Ciel asked, stopping just feet away from Isabellena, who's left side he was facing.

As usual, Isabellena's blue haired butler answered for her.

"Ah! Lord Phantomhive! There you are! I hope you have the suspect list ready! We have a long day ahead of us!"Nicolas exclaimed, a bright smile on his face.

Though Ciel barely noticed. His eyes were trained on Isabellena. It was strange - well at least to him it seemed.

He noted that although Isabellena was quiet an barely spoke, she always acknowledged whoever was speaking to her. She knew it was rude to ignore someone so directly...

So why did she just let his questions fly in one ear and out the other?

Sebastian - seeing his young master have his attention elsewhere - he decided to answer for his master also.

Sebastian nodded,"Of course. My Lord promised he would have a suspect list by morning..."Sebastian said, reaching a hand into a inside pocket of his tail coat,"... and he certainly would never break a promise..."Sebastian said with a knowing tone as he pulled out a small stack of folded up papers.

Nicolas seemed a little annoyed that Ciel was able to pull getting the suspect list off, but he kept quiet cause he knew Isabellena would scold him for acting like that.

So he only nodded.

Sebastian turned to Ciel, placing a hand on his shoulder wanting to gain his attention,"Young Master? Are you alright?"

Ciel - who was ignoring the two - continued to stare at Isabellena, willing her with his mind to look at her.

Was she embarrassed that Elizabeth told him about her past or was she still feeling sick? Isabellena didn't look pale anymore - at least not like she did last night.

And she shouldn't be embarrassed about him knowing. Everyone in all of England probably already knows about it, so why would it matter if he knew.

"Lady Isabellena... are you alright?"Ciel asked in confusion, reaching a hand over to grab her arm.

Just as Ciel's hand came into contact with the sleeve Isabellena's dress, she suddenly jerked her head to the side an gave Ciel a look that made him stop cold.

There were so many emotions in her eyes as ciel look at them. Confusion being the most dominate, with determination and sadness following closesly behind.

But what made goose bumps appear on Ciel's arm... was what Isabellena whispered.

"Please do not touch me..."Her voice was so low and emotionless, it scared him.

Ciel pulled his hand away, watching as Isabellena walked towards the front door, away from him...

Back in the Carriage...

Ciel came back to reality after that, and not being able to help it, took a quick peek over at Isabellena, noting that she hasn't moved an inch yet.

They been in the Carriage for almost an hour and a half, and Isabellena has not spoken a word. She just continued to stare at the bracelet that she kept spinning around her wrist.

Ciel couldn't help but think that maybe Isabellena was thinking about her past - that was unfortunately brought back up by seeing Elizabeth - and was having the side effects of remembering such a painful memory.

Maybe Isabellena -

The sound of the carriage coming to a stop made Ciel stop that thought. Both occupants in the Carriage looked out the windows, confused as to why the stopped.

Then, the door opened and Sebastian popped his head in.

"I am terribly sorry My lord and Lady... but it seems we must travel on foot from here..."

Ciel huffed and Isabellena sighed quietly, both accepting the change.

If it meant finishing the case faster, then so be it.

"Fine. Just take us to... Edgar Winhouse... quickly. I am hungry..."Ciel complained as he stepped out of the carriage after Isabellena.

"Of course young master..."

---------- ---------- ---------

So so so sorry this took forever, im having internet problems because of all the storms going on where i live... and sorry if this is complete crap, but things are about to get started~ oh i can't wait for you guys to read what i have planned!! :)

but dont worry! ill try to upload faster!!!