Special Chapter

So It's You: Special Chapter

Propped in front of the countertop table with my laptop, the continues typing on the keyboard was the only distinct sound in the  silent condo.

Jarvis was lounging on the couch while reading one of my newly released books. He's keeping quiet for the time being like a good boy, which I'm thankful for because I know how good he is at being a distraction.

But a behaved Jarvis doesn't usually last long.

"Babe..."

The continues typing on the keyboard did not falter. He had read every book I have ever published and they usually keep him company  whenever I'm busy writing or meeting a deadline. But I know he's starting to get bored. Buong araw na siyang naghihintay matapos ako sa ginagawa ko.

"Dito lang ba tayo sa condo mo buong araw?"

I glanced at him. He had his arms propped on the back of the couch with his chin resting on top while facing me. Sinabihan ko na siya  kanina na magiging busy ako sa pagsusulat. But he insisted on waiting for me.

And despite of myself, seeing that pouty face of his, I couldn't help but smile. He really is a child sometimes. I still find it astonishing that someone as hot as him on the stage with his drums, can be this adorable of a boyfriend.

Jarvis stood up from the couch. He could no longer stay still with his short attention span. Pumunta siya sa likuran ko at marahan akong niyakap sa beywang. He rested his chin against my shoulder while my eyes remained on the laptop screen.

"This is my first day off in a while. Spend it with me."

"I'm spending it with you," I teased him.

Sumulyap ako sa kanyang mukha na nakasimangot.

"Pero babe, mas focus ka pa sa love life ng mga characters mo kesa sa'kin." Humigpit ang yakap niya sa beywang ko. "Mas gwapo naman ako sa kanila."

I had to purse my lips to prevent a smile. How can I argue with that?

Tuluyan kong isinara ang laptop ko bago humarap sa kanya. Nanatili akong nakaupo sa stool habang nakatayo siya sa harapan ko. I had to lift my head up to stare at his face.

Jarvis is indeed hot. Like an American boy hot. Tall, broad shoulder, tousled brown hair and crumpled long sleeves shirt from lounging on  the couch all morning.

He noticed me checking him out. Ngumisi siya sabay sandal ng magkabilang palad sa    granite, trapping me between him and the countertop.

"You're staring long enough. Lalo kang mai-inlove sa'kin niyan," biro niya.

"Silly." I smiled. "I'm already madly in love with you."

Napa-atras siya sabay talikod. "Ah, shit babe." Hindi ko alam kung humahalakhak ba siya dahil pulang-pula ang mukha niya. "Hindi talaga ako mananalo sa'yo."

Lumapad ang ngiti ko nang muli siyang humarap sa'kin. "You know, we don't really have to go outside." I was trying to win over the  conversation. "We can spend quality time here."

He leaned closer with his lips an inch from mine. "Tempting," he whispered with a low voice. "Pero may nakapagsabi sa'kin na ilang  araw ka nang nakakulong dito sa condo. Kailangan mo ng sikat ng  araw."

I pulled my lips up in a frown. "Mainit sa labas."

He reached for the top of my head, patting it. This time I was the one looking like a child. "No more pouting, babe. I'll prepare your things so we can go."

And that is why I ended up outside the condo, squinting with vengeance at the glaring rays of the sun above us. Tinakpan ko ang mga mata ko mula sa sikat ng araw.