VIII

,, W-What's your favorite c-color?" She asked what felt like the 100th question. Her stutter is getting so much better the reason being her getting more and more comfortable around him. Not that she ever was uncomfortable around him he just made her nervous.

,, Brown. Like the color of your eyes and hair, amore." He stared at her in awe while pushing her hair behind her ear. Her beautiful, beautiful eyes that he could look in forever.

,, Lori.." She whined since it wasn't the first time he said something that made her blush or shy.

Or both.

,, What, baby? I can't tell you how beautiful you are, hmm?" He teased her. ,, N-no you c-can't." She grumbled cutely. ,, Can I call you perfect then?" He smiled knowing she's going to get shy again. ,,nu uh." She shook her head while still holding Whiskers in her hand. ,, Well sucks for you then, baby because I'm going to tell you that every single day."

After he said that a small yawn escaped Bella and rubbed her eyes with her hand. Lorenzo took her small hand and lowered it down since it's not good for her pretty eyes. ,,Is my baby tired?" He asked her. ,, N-no. Wanna t-talk to you, L-Lori" She pointed out.

,, We can talk more tomorrow, sweetheart. You and I aren't going anywhere and you're tired. Your body needs rest." He reminded her softly. She pouted because she really wanted to talk more. She loved his voice, the way he explained things to her and how patient he was with her. ,, Oh, look at that face. I'm sorry, baby but you need sleep." It was really hard for him to say no to her especially when she looked at him like that.

,, P-please, Lori. J-just a little m-more. Promise." She held her pinky up which meant that she was very serious. He sighed quietly when he saw how she looked at him. ,, 20 more minutes. That's it, baby."

He hooked his finger with hers. She squealed quietly and gave him a hug. He laughed loudly and hugged her back. Bella pulled out of the hug and smiled sweetly at him. ,, O-okay, so u-uhm I still h-have one m-more q-question."

,, W-what's y-your favorite f-food?" Lorenzo expected anything but that. It really came out of the
blue but he didn't question it.

,, It is a dish that my mother always made. It's a simple one but none tasted as good as hers. It is Lasagne alla Bolognese." He told her while remembering the old memories with his mother.

Bella made a mental note to remember the name of the dish.

Just for future plans..

,, I-I am sorry a-about your m-mama, Lori. I k-know you must m-miss her r-really much. But it's okay!
B-because she w-will always w-watch you from h-heaven." She tried to cheer him up since she saw how sad he was being and she did not like that one bit.

Lorenzo's heart fluttered. She was the most adorable person ever. So innocent too. He loved it all.

,, You're so sweet, baby. I know that she would've loved you, amore." He said to her while his eyes soften. Bella blushed and felt more and more tired.

,, Okay, that's it. You're tired. We're going to sleep." He demanded. He stood up from the couch and picked her up. Bella was suprised. She squealed while giggling too.

With one hand under her knees and the other on her back he walked up the stairs. Whiskers was of course still with her. He walked them straight to the bathroom to brush their teeth. Lorenzo placed Bella on the counter and gave her the toothbrush.

After they finished brushing their teeth Bella hopped of the counter and pushed Lorenzo out.

Well,

Lorenzo let's her think that she's pushing him out.

He arched one eyebrow and tilted his head.

,, I-I have t-to pee, L-Lori." She told him embarrassed.
,, Hurry, baby. Me and Whiskers want cuddles." He smirked, took the cat from the counter and walked back to the bed. Bella locked the door and did her business.

While she washed her hands she looked into the mirror. She looked different. A good different.

She was finally happy. Lorenzo makes her feel happy, excited and safe. She loved these feelings. Especially with him. She hated how her life was before he came into it. Every night she would cry herself to sleep. Every night she came back to her scary and cold apartment. She always would be worried of her not eating enough because she couldn't afford it.

But that is all over now. Lori is finally here to take care of her.

A knock pushed her out of her thoughts. ,, Baby, you're alright?" He asked since she was in there for quite the time.

Without answering she opened the door and immediately hugged him. She felt so thankful for him and felt like she didn't showed it enough. Lorenzo of course hugged her back but was a little confused. ,, Amore, are you okay?" He asked concerned.

She pulled out of the hug and started to explain.
,, I'm o-okay. I-I just want t-to thank y-you, Lori."

,, Thank me? For what, little baby?" He chuckled since he was so confused. ,, F-For being s-so nice. Y-You l-let me s-stay with y-you at y-you warm h-house, f-feeding me and m-making me laugh. Y-You m-make me f-feel safe"

A hand came up to her cheek and caressed it.

,, My love, I do those things because I want to and because you deserved it. You deserve so much more. What I do is just the bare minimum. Trust me. And you don't know how glad I am to hear that I make you feel safe. I like you, little baby and the only things you should feel around be should be positive. Never ever should you feel scared to do or tell me something. If you do please, please tell me , sweet little angel." He told her and made sure she listened to every word he said.

Her eyes teared up at what he was saying. She hugged him again. ,, I-I like y-you t-too, lori. So m-much." She sobbed against his chest. Lorenzo picked her up from under her shoulders so that her could hug her properly and that her face was in the crook of his neck. ,, Shh it's okay, sweetheart. I am here." He assured her and patted her back.

He turned the lights from the bathroom off and walked to the bed. He placed Bella on it, put Whiskers on her, got in him self and covered the both of them with the thick blanket. ,,C- can I lay o-on your uhm c-chest, p-please?" Little Bella wanted as much comfort as she could get and Whiskers did not seem to be enough.

But don't tell her that she said that. Bella said she would get really mad.

,, Of course, angel. Come here." He placed his arm around her to keep her as close as he could.

,, I l-like you, lori. S-sleep well." She whispered. ,, I like you, Amore. Good night." He kissed her forehead and closed his eyes.

1265 words!!

How did you like this chapter?

1k reader's?? I REALLY CAN NOT BELIVE ITTT.

Thank you so much it really means the world to me.

Marwa<3