Episode 23 - World 5

Y/n: Get your ass off the floor. We're leaving

Team White start to leave when Y/n turns to Nagi

Y/n: I'll be waiting for you, Nagi

Nagi: I'll be there. Next time we meet hopefully we'll be on the same team

Y/n: I hope for that to

Y/n fist bumps Nagi and leaves

Bachira: Glad to have you on the team Rin!

Rin: Shut up...

Y/n: Just let Rin be angry, he'll get over it at some point I'm sure...

Isagi: To be honest I was thinking of picking Nagi...but you're all right as well.

Rin is silent all the way through as the group began to discuss what's next

Bachira: So what is the 3rd selection gonna look like?

Y/n: I'm hoping for a break. I'm seriously tired...

Isagi: Was that game hard for you?

Y/n: Did you see what I was doing? That's difficult...

Bachira: At least we won the match!

Y/n: You've matured since our match against each other

Rin: Y/n...How did you win?

Y/n: Well it was like 50% luck but I'm sure you knew that. But to be honest I kinda just moved on my own

Rin: What?

Y/n: I'm not sure if I can replicate that speed and that power, I do these flashy goals all the time but that one was different...it's something I will worry about later though.

Isagi: Luck? Something as uncertain as luck can't explain Y/n's win.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a familiar voice fills the hallway 

Ego: Hello there, diamonds in the rough. Congrats on passing the 2nd selection. Anyway, luck huh? Quite the cringe topic but I'll explain anyways...

A door opens in front of Y/n's team so they walk through into a room surrounded by Tv's broadcasting Ego's face

Y/n: Creepy...

Isagi: Luck is luck. It's basically just coincidence, right?

Ego: Well, Sure, that's how average Joeson the losing side interpret it, their tiny brains bending the truth to fit.

Isagi: Wha-?

Ego: Shut up and listen. Let me ask you a question. Have you ever been shat on by a pigeon?

Y/n: Well surprisingly not. Even though I was homeless before this -_-

Ego: It's the worst. But when its shit lands on you, you realize the ground is also covered in bird shit. You could've easily avoided getting shat on by simply avoiding the ground the shit's on. Can you really say you're unlucky when you could've avoided it happening by paying more attention?

Barou: You're wasting our time!

Ego: Here's another question. Take a lottery at a summer festival. If the stall owner doesn't put in a winning number, can you really say the person had bad luck?

Isagi: Seriously...what're you trying to say?

Ego: Luck doesn't exist everywhere. It comes to those who put themselves in its path

Y/n: Makes sense I guess

Ego: Think of soccer as a series ofinevitabilities and coincidences. Think back. Turning zero into oneboosting reproducibility, and making a formula for your own weapon...