Episode 39 - After the game

Igaguri: Whoa. This is making me nervous.

Igaguri is staring at the cameras now knowing the use of them

Raichi: What the hell! You've been darting around since earlier.

Igaguri: Ego just said it, right? But for the cafeteria and training rooms, they would edit out some footage from the surveillance cams and broadcast it, he said.

Hiori: Well that just means we can continue livin' normally.

Igaguri: You're right. Act normal Act normal!!

Y/n: Stop moving around like that, you're making me tense.

Igaguri: By the way, Y/n, It's 40 million right?! That's a huge annual salary! That's a lot of money!

Y/n: Yeah it's loads! Don't gotta worry about money that much anymore.

Isagi: Are you glad you got an offer from Royale? That's the team Luna and Sae play for!

Y/n: Royale is a great club. Of course, I'm grateful they'd pay that much for me to play for them.

Isagi: However, I am confused why you're valued higher than Rin. He scored 2 goals in his game.

Y/n: The offers probably take my whole career in mind. U20 and FC Barcha. They probably just thought my 3 goals were better than his. That's all

Gagamaru: I have to snatch a place in the regulars at once. There are only 3 more games for Germany. Regardless of positions. If you can't play a match you're done.

Kurona: ...Yeah. We have totally different playstyles and strong points, we have different ways to market ourselves to the position we aim for.

Raichi: You wanna make me aim for a position where I'm not a striker again? I refuse. I mean these are our forwards now. Aside from Kaiser who makes 300 million per year. Including Isagi, we just gotta crush the three others in the frontline, right?

Kurona: Grim's annual salary is 40 million

Raichi: Wha- That's quite a lot!

Y/n: You do know I'm probably moving to forward. I don't think they'll just make me a DMF

Raichi: Shit. Ahhh, me too, just like Isagi, I wanna be in their favourites.

Isagi: It's not like I asked for it...

Hiori: It's an opportunity that came with Isagi's winning goal in the U-20 match, that's it, no need ta question it, r'ght?

Y/n: He's right you know. I'm happy for Isagi and YOU should be too!

Igaguri: How narrowminded.

Raichi: I don't wanna hear that from you! I'm pissed off but I gotta accept it...

Yukimiya: I'll never accept it. How can you pass if you want to be in the regulars? I have reservations about his character as someone who aspires to be the world's best striker.

Isagi: Huh...

Y/n: What are you so mad about?

Isagi: It's not like I wanted to pass...

Yukimiya: Oh really? But that doesn't change the fact that I'm disappointed in you, Isagi.

Y/n gets up and gets in the middle of the 2 players

Y/n: I don't see what's gotten into you. Aren't you supposed to be kind 4 eyes?

Yukimiya: I wouldn't feel good about a pass like that, Isagi.

Isagi: It isn't about me feeling good. It's the result of focusing on what I could "challenge" in my own way. I have no regrets making that choice, but, I am well aware of how powerless I am