³.12

<narrators pov>

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

After finding Ava and the others they all headed to the loft figuring that they needed to regroup and talk about what was going on. The only people there were Deaton and Chris. They were there because when they got there to find James everyone was gone.

When they saw Ava walking in and the rest they immediately ran to her but Ava just went to hug Deaton leaving Chris aside.

"I knew you would help..." Ava pulled away but paused to see the worried look on his face. "What?"

"That was all James ava he's up to no good he did a spell that stopped their hearts" deaton revealed making her turn to the rest.

"That's why I couldn't do the spell I was trying to do...you were practically dead" Ava realized then turned back to deaton. "So what's wrong with that?"

"I don't know the full story but there's definitely two versions. What I've come up with is James went and got Jennifer knowing she would want to do this and get revenge on the alpha pack which he knew was coming to get Derek. I could guess he promised to help her put them down as long as she helped him complete the ritual and in return he would give her the strength to put kali down but Jennifer screwed his plan up and took you knowing James would never kill you..."

"Yes I know but why would she do that?" Ava questioned still not getting their reasoning.

"Whatever James was trying to raise wasn't safe and she knew that I'm guessing '' Deaton shrugged. "Either way he got what he wanted he completed it by basically killing the three of them he tried to trick you into believing he was helping but in reality he just got what he wanted without turning out to be the bad guy"

"Wait, you're saying what we did to find them helped him complete his ritual?!" Angie stepped forward now regretting ever trusting James.

"Jennifer was doing the right thing taking you instead of Derek was smart but James was just smarter he used your burn ability to get what he wanted and what is that exactly? I don't know but I'm sure we're about to find out '' Deaton replied to the girl who just turned to her mom with a worried look.

"Mom if I would've known I wouldn't have..." Ava immediately stopped Angie taking her into her hold.

"It's okay we're going to figure this out it's okay" Ava reassured.

"So now we just wait for James to attack us?" Derek questioned seeing everyone's worried looks.

"Let's not forget that Deucalion said he would attack tonight too" Scott mentioned to them.

"Well he has to deal with Jennifer now and James is dealing with her too. I think what's best is if we all stay here and not make a move until he does and if he does this would be the time we should use to prepare "Ava suggested while they all agreed.