It.

I have read the books and understand that the events of my story may not equally replicate the events of the books written by Leigh Bardugo.

Zoya was not really very fond of children,so she had always wanted to be child-free.Maybe it was because she had been rushed into adulthood so early or her mother's obvious resentment for her daughter.But,no matter how hard she tried,she found no enjoyment watching them play or learn,or even walk.But sadly she knew that,to keep this relationship of pure passion,she would have to produce a child.She knew that Nikolai hated telling her what to do(it had consequences),but it was simply a requirement of the royal family,'keep the royal bloodline going' people would shout in the street,though they all knew it died with the king.Though she wished she could deny it,Nikolai was a 'love child',minus the love.But heirs were still needed from the 'new' bloodline.

It had taken Nikolai their whole marriage to convince her,but today she would tell him.

Zoya was sitting on her bed,encased in her thoughts,when a light knock sounded at the door.She unlocked the door with her hands,moving them side to side quickly to force the mechanism apart,and finally it revealed a servant girl holding soft sheets and a large jug of water.She placed the items on her soft carpet at the door to the room,and before closing the door,she spoke softly saying "Nikolai was asking where you were,should i send him over?"Zoya paused for a second, and smiled at the girl,"Thank you,Alesya.Yes,send him.Tell him he doesn't need to rush,i know he does that.It is not urgent,okay."the girl nodded and Zoya bent her head guiltily.Nikolai rushed,that was true,but that was not the reason she told her it wasn't urgent.She simply didn't want to tell him.

Nikolai arrived 2 minutes later.He had rushed,and now she had to unlock the door.He was saying her name over and over again (she hated nicknames,so she was always Zoya)and she just couldn't do it.Finally she unlocked the door,but got up to do it instead of using her powers at her disposal.She can see he is flustered,though he looks like well,a king-put together and ready for any information thrown at him.She grabs his hand and leads him to her bed.He lowers down onto the silk sheets and looks at her with badly-hidden curiosity.She says it sharp and sweet,"I'm ready."