Chapter 7 - Horror

Vote comment and enjoy

-Zayas pov

Lunch was unexpected but amazing. I didn't think Mateo would bring me to a diner but I appreciate it anyway. We finished up eating a little bit ago and now we make our way back to my house to watch a horror.

Mateo pulls into the driveway humming a positive tune. Checking my phone and getting out of the car I see it's around four. I wonder how long we drove for the diner.

"You make the popcorn and grab some snacks and I'll load the movies up." He tells me smiling as he gets out of the car.

I nod grabbing the doorknob and opening my house doors. I think my moms gonna be back in a few days. I have a week and a half left until school starts and I'm not excited for my senior year. I'm still seventeen even though it doesn't matter. I just hope I get senior release.

I walk into the kitchen in my search of snacks. I can hear Mateo in the living room trying to find them on some streaming device. I check cabinet after cabinet looking but it doesn't look like we have very many. We have the very wide selection of popcorn, bbq chips, fruit, and cheese. I think this would do for now at least. We'll survive without going out and buying stuff we don't need.

"Mateo we don't have a lot of snacks" I yell hoping he can hear me from the living room. I grab the remaining ones and hope they don't all fall from my arms.

Mateo is sitting on the coffee table resting his head in his hand scrolling and searching when I get in the living room. He's in the way of me putting the snacks down. I nudge him with my arm. Looking at my full arms he snickers a laugh when I dump all the food on the table.

"Shut up and put the movie on." I mumble before heading upstairs to change my outfit. I am not watching these movies with a crop top on. I'm gonna be comfy and warm.

I open my door and head to my closet. I stare at all my colorful clothes on hooks sorted by color in my closet. It looks so pleasing for my eyes and I love love love organizing by color. It just makes me heart happy. I feel a sort of attachment to the organized object like I made it perfect and I can't mess it up. I look down at my jeans and realize I can't lay down in jeans. I'll just wear a red Nike crew neck and some grey sweatpants. I pass my mirror on the way to the door. I stop and stare at my reflection.

My hair is frizzy from the rain and being outside for a small amount of time. The curls and coils slightly more open now. My almond eyes with mascara and light eyeliner to make them pop. My straight slightly yellow teeth making my brown and pink lips look brighter. My brown skin making my features pop and look beautiful. My father always loved my hair. He would tell me to never chop it off when I got frustrated with it as a child. My dad always supported me with anything and everything. I've always loved growing up but we're more distant now that I can't see him often anymore.

I quickly change into my clothes I picked out and start to head downstairs tripping while taking my socks off. I toss them behind me without a care and head downstairs. When I look at the couch Mateo is sitting there waiting for me while eating some popcorn he made. He smiles when he notices me and tries to mumble through a mouthful of popcorn. I raise a eyebrow and cross my arms waiting for him to elaborate.

"I got the movie to work now." He exclaims excitedly after eating his mouthful. I nod and look over to the tv to see Annabelle's creepy ass face on the screen. She looks a little too freaky right now.

I move over to where Mateos sitting and plop down next to him grabbing the popcorn bowl after seeing him grab two handfuls in a row.

"Hey give me that." He whines like a baby. He looks over at me and tries to grab the bowl but I only move it farther away.