| Working for the Waynes | (1)

Why can't she just leave me and my friends alone?

Not only has she manipulated my friends but my parents too. Well, we're not really friends anymore. They gave up on me so, so easily. Exactly as if I never mattered. What a life. I felt the kwamis drift closer to me and comfort me silently.

It's been a while since I became the guardian, the chosen guardian. Every century there is a guardian whose soul is supposedly pure and untainted, (i've never really believed that though, because come on).

That guardian inherits kwami traits and unlocks their full potential and luckily, I happen to be one. Since the development, I've been training with Ishtar, my new master and friend.

I've been training with him for a while. He helps me control my vast power and gives me good advice. Even though he's very cryptic. He never gives me straight answers. Instead he gives me riddles and puzzles to decipher and solve.

Still, I always have and will cherish our memories together. In fact, I can still remember our first conversation.

"Hello, little one." Says a booming voice.

"Who are you?" I questioned curiously looking around myself to be let only with darkness.

"I'm you're mentor. I'm here to help you."

"Why?" I ask dumbly. No one does anything out if the goodness if their own heart.

"It's your destiny and we're kin." He said simply without a moment of hesitation.

"Thank you then." I thanked him gracefully. Suddenly, he bowed his head downwards and muttered, "what a big destiny for one so small and young."

"Wait!" I shouted quickly.

"What?" He questioned.

"I really do mean it. Thank you, Ishtar."

"No need." He said giving no further response, yet smiling.

-

I'm currently living in Master Fu's old residence and I'm working in Gotham. Though most would say it's unpleasant, it gives me a rush of adrenaline. Now, you're probably wondering why I'm working all the way in Gotham.

Well, that's because there no one cares about anyone. It's a dog eat dog world where only the strong survive.

————-> Time Skip:

Lie-la announced a field trip to Gotham. Wow, she's stupid. Gotham is literally the most crime ridden city ever (perfect for me though) and she's sending kids like us there?

Not only that, but she's bragging about knowing Damian Wayne since he was four which is literally impossible? Wow, my classmates are stupid.

I looked towards my classmates. Alya and the rest of them are enchanted, by what, who know? Excluding Adrian and Chloe who begged me for forgiveness.

Actually, that was just Chloe. Even so, I can't forgive her. She's bullied me my whole life. I can't and won't forgive her. Not only that but she endangered innocent lives and helped Hawkmoth. That's something I simply cannot glaze over.

Adrian looks at me sadly, all the time. He's not a bad person, but, he's too naive? No, that's not exactly right. I don't know how to put it. He has good intentions but that certainly doesn't make him my friend.

He's really just a bystander who watches my misery but does nothing. I can't stand that. Still I have this feeling, almost as if I'm compelled to be friends with him. Should I trust my gut?