Chapter 7

"Max? Aren't you supposed to be at the hospital?" Zee closes the door behind him, hiding away the boy he's keeping in his house.

"Well they discharged me early since there's no point of keeping me there anyway" Max answers casually.

"Why didn't you tell me you're coming?" Zee is trying to act normal and not being suspicious but his question is giving off the opposite.

Max brows furrows. "Since when do I need to inform you whenever I'm coming?" He then strides over toward Zee and places the back of his hand to Zee's forhead like he's checking his temperature.

Zee slaps his hands away. "What the hell you doing?"

"Hmm temperature seems normal." Max says and he's about to walk away when he hears noises coming from the back room and he looks over Zee's shoulder but before Max could say anything about it Zee distracts him.

"Whatever I'm hungry. Let's go out for dinner." He wraps his arm around Max's shoulder and pulls him away but Max stops abruptly. He grabs both of Zee's shoulder and whirls him around to face him and stares intensely into Zee's eyes.

"What is wrong with you, Max?" He pushes Max's hands off of him. "I think the doctor made a mistake you shouldn't be discharged yet."

"I should ask you the same, dickhead. You dont really go out for dinner. Should I be worried?" Max takes one step back and scratches his chin, looking at Zee from top to bottom and top again, scrutinising him exaggeratingly.

Only when Max put it that way that he realizes he's not being himself. Max is right, he don't usually go out to eat and tries to avoid being outside much. He's definitely being suspicious."Well I...um...I just feel like eating out today okay? What's so wrong about that? I've been stressed out lately."

Max is still looking at him suspiciously so Zee slaps his head from the back.

"Ouch," Max laughs, rubbing his head.

"Stop it will ya? Now you coming or not?"

"Okay okay I'm coming."

......

After having dinner together and sending off Max, which takes a lot of almost impossible attempts of trying to make him leave, Zee locks the door and hurries towards the back room to check on his hostage. The moment he opens the door and flicks on the light switch, his heart almost drops down to his stomach when he sees the chair had toppled over to the side along with an unconscious Nunew still bound to it.

"Oh God," Zee's eyes widens with concern written all over his face as he scurries over toward Nunew. He squats down, gently slides his hand under Nunew's head and the other wraps around his petite body and pulls him back up ever so gently. Zee then examines Nunew's head in case there's any cut or bleeding. He blows out a breath of relief once he's sure that his head is fine and not injured but probably just knocked his head a little too hard when he toppled over to the floor causing him to become unconscious.

He walks around to the back of the chair to check on the ropes that is still binding Nunew's hand together and that's when he notices the burn marks around his pale white wrists, cutting into his skin. A pang of guilt slaps him knowing that the burns are because of how Nunew had tried so hard to break his hands free from the ties.

Zee looks up at Nunew and contemplates whether he should untie him but it doesn't even take him seconds to make up his mind and does exactly that. He thought even if Nunew is playing dead and will try to fight him once he's free, he's probably too weak and with Zee's strength he can easily overpower him. Zee starts with his wrists then his feet and when he finishes untying the ones around his chest, Nunew slowly falls over toward him, landing his head softly on Zee's broad chest. Zee freezes for a moment but is quick to come back to his senses and wrap his arm around Nunew before he falls down to the ground again. He slides his other arm under Nunew's legs and hauls him up, carrying Nunew in his arms like he weighs nothing.