02 | ale house

・゜゜・

.・゜゜・

"So then I got the guy by his neck, hold him down and stab him with one of the antlers!" Aethelstan told the story of what had happened rather over dramatically to everyone who sat in the ale house.

Most of the people seemed to be rather interested except Skadi who just sat there with one eye brow raised at his words.

She was letting him have his moment but it was very over exaggerated. Not to mention that he hadn't even talked about the fact that he quite literally layed on top of her for five minutes.

"Skadi have some ale." Aethelstan said as he sat beside her and placed a large cup fulled to the brim of ale in front of her.

"I really shouldn't." She said as she pushed the ale away.

She would love to have some right now but she knew that she had to be up at first light to be look out.

Uhtred had been getting a bad feeling lately so he wanted more and more people on the look outs for longer.

"Come on don't be an arse." Aethelstan said as he pushed the ale straight back to her.

"Loosen up Skadi you cheated death today." Finan added with a smile.

"Fine but only one."

4 full cups of ale later Skadi was stood on top of one of the wooden tables singing and shouting along with everyone else who joined in.

Aethelstan was stood beside her on the table shouting things at people as he spilled his ale everywhere.

"Skadi, Aethelstan maybe you've had enough." The voice of Uhtred reached there ears making them both freeze.

Finan, Sihtric and Osferth started giggling like little girls in the background as they watched Uhtred pull the two of them down from the table.

"I have told you both that one cup is enough." Uhtred said as he dragged them both outside.

"Especially you Skadi." He said as everyone knew how much of a light weight she was compared to the others.

"I only had like two." She said through laughs as Aethelstan laughed as well.

"Define two." Aethelstan added with a smile.

"That is enough. Go to bed and be ready for your posts in the morning." He said as he entered the house with the two of them following behind them.