Chapter thirteen

Alex’s POV

Two more weeks passed by, and my life consisted of going to school, studying for school, and worrying about school. I was doing great in all my classes and Ms. Davis didn’t talk to me again. I have to admit that I kind of miss her company. It was nice joking around with her.

My parents obviously behaved the same they always, my dad didn’t beat me again after that incident, at least not anything serious, maybe a slap and a grab on my wrist, he kept verbally abusing me though. My mum hasn’t talked to me since the day she drove me to school, she hasn’t interacted with me either.

The food was still very limited. A real meal twice a week and for the rest of the days, cereal bars, and occasionally a fruit. Thank god for the vitamin supplements I take.

Charlie kept asking things about my parents, and sometimes I would answer her. She was shocked when I told her what they’ve been doing to me for the past 4 years. I haven’t told her about the food issue. I wasn’t ready to go into details yet.

It was now Friday, and I was excited for the week to end. The school has started for a month and a half, and I already want it to end. We were currently at the library since it was lunchtime.

“You should talk to Ms. Davis, about what happened.” I told Charlie what happened.

“I don’t want to, she doesn’t need to know.”

“At least start being her TA again.”

“Why do you care so much about me being her TA.”

“You were different when you were with her, you seemed happy, just like when we hang out together.”

I knew she was right, I was happy, she made me happy. The bell rang, pulling me out of my thoughts. We went towards PE. This month we were practicing soccer and I was surprisingly good. Turns out I was pretty fast, and I could handle the ball quite well. The teacher was amazed. We grew a bit closer the past few weeks, she was really cool, when she wasn’t a bitch.

“Alright, you already know your teams, let’s start.”

I kept running up and down and managed to score a few goals, until towards the end someone tackled me to the ground.

“Ouch, Shit.” I said grabbing my ankle

“Sorry Dyke didn’t see you there” A guy from my class said. I didn’t even know his name. Luckily Mrs. Peterson heard him.

“Jake, to the principal’s office now.” She yelled.

“Why? Tackling is part of the game.”

“Yes, it is, but tackling your teammate and calling her names isn’t.”

“It’s not my fault she’s a fucking lesbo.” If he only knew that Mrs. Peterson has a wife.

“That’s it, go before I get you suspended.”

He groaned and left. She came towards me and helped me get up, my ankle was hurting.

“Are you ok kiddo?”

“My ankle hurts.”

“Come on I’ll take you to the nurse. Class, you are free to go.” she said dismissing them 10 minutes earlier than usual.

Once I got to the nurse, she gave me ice and wrapped my ankle up. I sat there for five more minutes before slipping my shoe on and waking towards English. I somehow managed to get there first.

“Ms. Davis, can I talk to you about something?”

“Yes Alex, is everything okay?”

“Uhm yes, I was just wondering when we will resume our TA time?”