Chapter 1 Prologue- Phanes Creation

S

Summary:

This is the continuing story of Zee and Nu from Amor Fati's series book Love or Not as they navigate their destiny.
Trapped in their bodies, the worlds have frozen. They wait to see what happens when a bright light appears in their eyes. They were sure that nothing bad would happen, it was his grandfather calling out to him. Transported between time and space, things went differently than planned. What would happen next?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phanes wanted to cry out as his essence shattered. He knew this part would be painful and did not look forward to it. He had done this several times since his awakening in the orphic egg, but this time, it hurt worse than any other.

Maybe it was because he had not been reborn and was weaker than usual, but it didn't matter. He must do this. The cosmos demands that everything has a price, and he was more than willing to pay for it. He just didn't remember it being this bad.

The pain intensified as the trees flew through the doorways, moving through time and space. Phanes could not stand it anymore, and his mouth opened wide, and he screamed in horror.

The residents of the Isle of the Blessed cringed as they watched helplessly. There had to be a way to help the nice old man they had known for centuries and knew would help even the lowest of men in their time of need. But how?

As they struggled with how to help him, the hall horn sounded, and all looked up. Kronos had taken to the sky and flew to where Phanes' body seemed to come in and out of sync with their world and sat down.

Kronos stretched his arms out to him, giving him the power to help Phanes with whatever quest he was on. It was just what the gods do. No matter the conflict with each other, when one was in need, they would come together as a whole to conquer any trial.

The people in attendance stared in awe. They could not believe their titan ruler was giving of himself in such a way. They were sure this moment was critical, and they had to help.

They all ran to the field in droves, trying to get the best seat for the show and, of course, making sure their friends knew they were among the first to help. They had pride, don't you know. Droves began running from Elysian Fields and Tartarus, eager to help.

No one wanted to be the only one that failed to act on such a thing. They all joined the circle and joined their power and light, giving all they had.

Brother, sister, enemy, foe, and friend joined, and no one on the Isles or fields could stop them from joining their light together. Kronos and the residence cheered when Phanes' body stabilized, and the flickering ceased.

Kronos had seen this flickering before and knew that Phanes had pushed himself too far and would have blinked out of existence if he had continued without help.

Once it started, there was no stopping it unless the energy that put the god in danger in the first place was replaced. With all of the people and all the energy beams pressing into Phanes' body, they would succeed in saving him.

"What would become of the worlds if the creator of all things winked from existence? What about our grandson and his family? I must give whatever he needs; he cannot fail," Kronos muttered.

Kronos decided he would stand guard until whatever Phanes was doing was over. He would ensure he told the old Deity that he owed him big time!

Meanwhile, Phane's pain was so intense he almost lost consciousness, but he could not fade into the nether, or he would fail to navigate the trees to their final destinations.