Chapter 3: A Portal Away

Summary:

Phane's call to his grandson had failed, and he had to call upon a portal. An entity that lived on Haven-1 with the cosmos. Unfortunately, the portal who arrived had had run-ins with his family before. Will the portal bring Zee and Nu to Phanes, or will it return to its homeworld and wait until the worlds finally unfreeze?

Chapter Text

Phanes tried to smile at the portal, not wanting to scare it away. It could be bossy, sassy, fun, a total drama queen, and scared the next. Phanes believed it had to do with which personality was dominant that day.

"I have been unable to reach across time and space, and I would like to call my grandsons to join me here," Phanes said matter-of-factly.

The portal hummed and twinkled as if it had winked at him, making Phanes do a double take. The portal was made of crystal-clear water that swirled but could change its appearance.

Last week, it was a woman holding a portal; the month before that, it was a pool of water you had to jump into. One-time posters were plastered all over it when it was in its fangirl phase of its current favorite idol. You just never knew what you would get.

This week, it decided to be itself. It seemed recently someone else had used the portal, and it had asked for Christmas lights to be put around its vast size.

Someone had taken time and care to string the lights, meaning that it must have been a female god who loved and cared for the portal like a pet, and the portal allowed it. Strange.

The portals were independent entities; the cosmos had no sway over them but were a stickler for the rules. Rarely did a portal break the laws the cosmos had set.

Technically, he had not either, so this should be a piece of cake, but if the cosmos felt that he had colored outside the lines, he would take full credit for all his sins.

The portal did not need to know that he had offended the cosmos, and he would not allow it to take on any blame for what it was about to do.

Even though the cosmos has said it could not, there were times when it would change its mind if you forged ahead. He hoped this was one of those times. He needed to change the destiny of Eden. There was another alternative to this line of thinking.

Maybe this was a test or part of the grand plan. The cosmos must have thought this outcome was possible. He had no idea. It was hard being a god who couldn't read the mind of the cosmos.

Once a decision was made, you would think it would be final, but not with the cosmos. The grand plan had so many roads. It was his job to figure out which route to take.

He would rather be a bull in a China shop and YOLO it. However, this time, he was stumped. Thankfully, Zeus was not here to see this. He still had a face.

He often laughed at Zeus when he was clueless about the twenty-four; in this case, he was no better. Phanes was a god of action, not a lollygagging fat god who sat on a throne and dictated his selfish wishes, expecting everyone to do his bidding.

Phanes coughed Zeus's name. He detested him. Right now, he needed to quit thinking about Zeus and think about his family. He required the cosmos's sympathy and help.

"Did you say something, Primordial God? I do not have much time to dally. I have an appointment to have my portal water cleaned. Can you not see how murky my natural spring water is? Recently, I have had unruly gods that have dirtied the waters and damaged my beautiful self, and you are taking up my precious time. I am not a fan of your grandson anyway, and it would be taxing to go and find someone I don't like especially Thanatos; it is just too morbid if you know what I mean," the portal huffed at him.