Chapter 2: Phanes and His Chaotic Mind

Summary:

As Phanes waits for his grandsons, he can do nothing but wait. Phanes had reserved the power he was given by Kronos and the Isle of the Blessed inhabitants, waiting for his grandson's arrival. They would not fail to come to him in his hour of need. He knew it. The waiting had begun. Will Zee and Nu arrive in time to save what the cosmos deemed unsavable?

Phanes realized his call had failed to reach his grandsons. A full day had already passed in this realm. He should have had an answer by now.

Zee and Nu would never outright ignore him, even if they found out it was him that caused their current dilemma. Did they know? No... they couldn't. He was overthinking again.

He was too far away. Yes. that was it... He would need help. He would have to use magic. Luckily, he had what he needed and quickly began to prepare. After an hour, Phanes reached into his pocket and pulled out a thread.

It was the perfect size for what he needed to use it for. Even gods needed a building block for things they would create. He didn't understand why people thought they could make things out of thin air.

The only person he saw do such a thing was his grandson and his lifemate. Everyone was shocked when they saw them do it for the first time. It just came with the territory with the couple.

He remembered the day like it was yesterday. Nu had lost his engagement ring on the battlefield in the park. It was raining, and with the centaurs running in the mud playing cricket, finding the ring would be hard.

The ring had no time to bond with Nu, so calling the ring was pointless. Zee had just taken possession of the ring a week before, and the ring was still weary of him.

"Hia, I lost it. The symbol of our love is gone. I was so careless. I swung my short sword and flipped over my opponent, and the ring slipped off. The minute it left my finger and began to fall, I felt a stab in my heart. It was almost like I was having a heart attack, and I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. Why does it feel like we just broke up," Nu began to cry and threw himself into his lifemate's arms.

Everyone on the battlefield stopped; no one moved or dared to breathe. A million voices in unison growled in response to Nu's pain.

"Who had the nerve to hurt the one we love most? Come out. We will make your death less painful if you admit it," the voices boomed.

No one wanted to be the person that hurt Nu. Who would do such a thing? Zee shuddered when he remembered the day the Nu had stubbed his toe on a rock... that poor rock. He held on to Nu and patted his back, trying to calm him.

Zee held Nu and reached into his pocket; the tissue he usually carried was missing. Nu needed to wipe his face. He reached for Zee's hand, and a tissue appeared between their clasped hands.

Everyone who witnessed it gasped. How? That was not possible. Their hands held nothing before the tissue appeared. Nu's sobbing continued, and the witnesses forgot the tissue and watched Nu worriedly.

Nu pushed his face away from his lifemate's chest and out of his arms. He could feel the pain all around him, and he didn't want anyone to be accused unjustly for what was his own fault.

His head hung, and his chin pressed against his upper chest. He stepped forward as tears began again in earnest.

"I did! I lost my engagement ring," Nu began to bawl, and everyone ran towards him.

No one could stand it when he cried and began to coo and try to console him while others looked for the ring. Zee's one side of his mouth upturned in a smile.