𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬 02

It was a friday afternoon, and the four of them were  sprawled out in Chuck's garage. Paulina snagged the far right spot, next to Warren. She was dressed in a cropped white shirt, flower-printed bell-bottom jeans, and white Converse shoes. With her hair in a messy ponytail, she added a gold necklace and hoop earrings to complete her look.

Chuck was on her far left, Eddie was the mic, and Graham stood to the left of Warren. Each of them played, but to Paulina, it sounded like chaos had erupted. Nobody seemed to sound right, not even her.

Suddenly, Billy raised his hand, signaling for the band to stop. The instruments fell silent, leaving only the echo of the mic in the air. Billy turned to Eddie, nodding toward his guitar. "It's E major, chief." he said, prompting Eddie to strum the right chord.

Then, Billy turned his attention to Warren. "And you, Thundersticks."

Warren replied, "Yes?"

Billy couldn't help but tease, "Where'd you get those tree trunks?"

Warren grinned sheepishly. "They're my grandfather's."

"Easy on the fills, okay? This isn't jazz. Now, let's take it from the top." As they resumed playing, Graham chimed in with a suggestion.

"Hey, Billy. Why don't you show us how it's done?" he playfully asked. Billy glanced at Eddie, raising his eyebrows in response.

Despite the interruption, the group dove back into the music, with Billy leading the way.

( GRAHAM DUNNE/ LEAD GUITARIST: 𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳. ( 𝘤𝘩𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘦𝘴 )

EDDIE ROUNDTREE/ GUITARIST: 𝘉𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥? ( 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘴 ) 𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴. 𝘍𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘶𝘺.

PAULINA SANTOS/ BASS: 𝘉𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘶𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘦𝘤𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤, 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺.

She walked into the house with a wide smile on her face. "Que te pasa? Porque tienes esa sonrisa hermosa?" (Whats wrong? Why do you have that beautiful smile?)

"Nada. Me and my friends started a band."(Nothing. Me and my friends started a band.) Paulina sat on the couch opposite from her parents.

"Oh really?" Her father asked shock, Paulina's eyebrows furrowed a bit not knowing if the reaction was a good or bad one.

"Yep. No es nada enserio." (Yep. It's nothing serious.) She assured her parents, they shared a look before her mother grabbed her hand.