𝖛. 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐

Black opened the mini-fridge and sighed when he saw it was empty.

  “What’s wrong?” White asked as he walked into the kitchen and went towards the regular fridge.

  “Nothing.” Black lied. “I’m heading to work.”

  “I thought you didn’t work today?” White asked, confused.

  “I’m covering for someone.” Black lied easily as he walked out of the kitchen.

  White looked at Black over the breakfast bar not looking convinced.

  “Phi-”

  “Bye.” Black said, grabbing his keys and walking out the front door quickly before White tried to stop him.

  During the ride down the elevator Black texted Todd informing him he was on his way. He received a reply immediately and rolled his eyes at Todd’s response before locking his phone and putting it in his pocket.

  He couldn’t believe that he hadn’t noticed they were out of blood bags until today. It was one of the only ways he could help White and he’d totally forgotten to check.

  Black blamed those idiots, Sean and Gram, for his recent forgetfulness.

  Ever since he’d met them a few days ago and they had tried to convince Black and White about the whole Sean being White’s soulmate bullshit he’d been out of sorts. How dare they try to convince them of something so stupid?

  Black had done his own research just to see what parts of the entire vampire and them having a chosen human thing Gram had exaggerated. He had found that most of what Gram said was true but that didn’t mean anything. Just because some old vampires could only feed from one human way back didn’t mean that was the case now. It didn’t mean that was White’s case.

  White had tried bringing up the topic a few times after they’d returned home but Black refused to give it any truth. It was all bullshit. He didn’t know why Gram and Sean would tell such a lie but he wasn’t going to feed into it. It was best if Black and White stayed away from those two.

  They had enough problems to add an annoying werewolf and human to them.

  Now Black had to focus on getting some blood for White that he could keep down.

  Which is why he was on his way to their supplier.

  Black arrived at the lobby and waited for the taxi he had requested out front.

  When it arrived Black quickly got in and gave the driver the address. The man looked surprised by the destination but didn’t say anything and just drove. Black would definitely leave him a good tip considering he usually had to request a taxi at least five times whenever he had to go to Todd’s before someone agreed. Most taxi drivers didn’t want to take him to that part of the city unless they themselves were some kind of supernatural.

  Black couldn’t help but get more and more anxious as he neared his destination.

  He hated dealing with Todd but he was the best supplier and for White’s sake he’d put up with him for the past few years.

  “We’re here.” The driver said.

  “Thanks.” Black said, taking some money out of his pocket and handing it to him before getting out.

  “Hey!” The driver called as he lowered the passenger window. Black leaned down and looked at him. “Are you sure you want me to leave you here? I can drop you off somewhere else free of charge.”

  Black appreciated the man's concern.

  “Thanks but I’m fine.” Black gave him a small smile.