Donovan Blues

|ANIAS|

"Who was that young man? Are you okay sweetie?" My mother started to question me as we drove. Like I can just tell what's been going on, oh he's a crazy psycho and abuse asshole who bullies me and happens to be the little boy he who stayed near us when I was little, yeah Donovan Lancaster.

"N-no one mom, it's okay I'm fine" I tell her not wanting to talk about it anymore. She takes the hint and we make our way home, as I arrived home I went up to my room. Today was such a crazy day, I'm confused, sad, hurt all of the above. It's just to much.

We soon arrived home and I went straight to my room, my mother wanted more answers but I just didn't feel like talking. I don't know why I expected him to actually like me, I mean cmon this is the guy who always made my life hell, I let some stupid teenage emotions get in the way of who he really is. He's not a good guy, he's not gentle, he's not nice he's terrible....but I still wish and hope he could be better.

I just wish this would all end, I flip through my phone to find Tracy's number, since the last time we talked she was very angry. I don't blame her I was defending the guy that assaulted her. This was gonna be the worst school year.

_______

|DONAVAN|
After Anais had left I mentally slapped myself at the things I had said to her. Was I sorry, yes and no, I only told her what was true u don't know why but something in me snapped and suddenly that same feeling of when she left it came back and angry fueled me.

"She definitely gonna avoid you now bro" Mike said to me as he smoked a blunt. Leaning back in the tree I looked up at the sky. He was right she will try to avoid me now, but I won't let that happen. Anais is mine even if she don't know it she will soon wether she wanted to or not. I'll win her heart? I hope so, one day but for now this is all I can give her this is my form of love, this is all I was taught.
After a while I told the guys bye and headed to my bike, I had a family dinner tonight so I wouldn't be able to relax at my apartment and avoid my family.

I didn't wanna go because my adopted father would be home today and his brothers my uncles, they were very mean, harsh men. I remember growing up my father would tell me my only purpose was to be the heir to his throne since he and my mother were unable to have kids. I was raised to be ruthless and take what I wanted whenever I wanted. He never met Anais, because most of the time he was never home for my birthdays or to take me out to play like my mother. He has no idea that I'm chasing after a childhood love, he would scold me if he knew. He said men ever chased after women, yeah well I'm chasing after this one.

I started my bike and headed to my parents house, it was gonna be a long night.
_______________________

After being on the road for almost an hour I reached my parents mansion, the gates immediately opened as I pulled up into the driveway.

In the driveway I saw my uncles cars parked outside, I also seen my aunts from my mother's side. She never liked me, even as a child she would say I'd never be anything and that no one would truly love me. Hell maybe she is right but that's the least of my worries.

Getting off my bike I fixed my suit, I had to go home to change before getting on the road. I slicked my hair back with my comb and placed it in my pocket as I headed inside, I was quickly greeted with soft welcomes from the many maids my parents had working for them. They called me young master. I didn't like it but my father would punish them if they called me anything other. For there sakes I go along with it.

"Thank you Ms Mary " i said to the head maid who was an older woman, she helped raised me when my mother was away. She's like a real mother to me if anything.

She escorted me to the living-room where there was loud chatter and laughter.

"The young master has arrived" she informed everyone vowing her head. The room quiet down and all eyes were on me. My mother came to me and hugged me tightly. "Aw my baby boy where have you been? Is everything going fine? School?" She asks.

"Fine mother." I say shortly. She sensed that I had no intention of explaining to her.

My father stood up and stared at me intensely, suddenly all the memories of my childhood flooded in and I felt my heart race, I was scared. The only man that I fear is my father.

"Long time no see Donny boy, how has my son been."

"G-good father" I stuttered a bit making him curl his lips in disgust.

"Did you just stutter?" He makes his way to me. "Indeed he did brother." My uncle Tony chimes in smirking. "Is this the type of man you raised, the type of heir you raised to take the throne pitiful" my other uncle Barnabas commented.

Before I could apologize a hard force connected with my face causing my head to whip to the side, I let out a grunt in pain as I held my composure only allowing my head to move. My father hand slapped me, I slowly looked up at him staring into his eyes. He wanted to see if I'd cry, yeah fuck him im not a little boy anymore he can't make me cry anymore. I felt my nose start to bleed.

"I apologize father, it won't happen again." I told him, my uncles laughed among each other finding my pain amusing. My father fixed his suit smirking. "I'm glad to see you deal with pain like a man, not crying like a woman." He says.

"Yes father" I answered him.

After a moment of silence The second head maid informed us of dinner, my father smiled and pat my shoulder. "You do great running this world" he complimented. "Bring my son something to clean his nose with" he finished and left going to the dining room with my mother and uncles, after they had left I felt mrs Mary rush over to me handing me some wipes.

"Don't mind him dear, when everything is yours you can be free ya hear?" She told me, I nodded as I wiped my nose feeling a lot better, angry but empowered.

This was only a glimpse of my life, I'll get Anais and I'll take my father's company and make my own life.