Chapter 4

-- Serena POV --

May: Serena had a great workout!

Thanks. You've done well, too.

May: By the way, why are you wearing this outfit?

This is what I traveled in the Kalos region in.

May: Along with your boyfriend, Clemont and Boney.

Yeah. Stop?! What?!

May: Yeah, so you got caught. Still, you like Ash.

Sigh. Yes, I like him, but he's only interested in fighting and eating.

May: Yeah. Fortunately, you made the right move! You kissed him before you left. He's probably thinking about it.

Do you think so? I really hope you're right. He's an amazing person. I am happy that he was able to become a Monarch!

May: He probably has a lot of female fans now.

I don't envy them.

We laughed at her remark.

We noticed a man handing out leaflets.

May: What's in there?

- Tomorrow they will show new paintings in the gallery. In the name of art, go there. You won't regret it.

May still took one leaflet.

May: Shall we go?

She looked at me like my life depended on it.

Okay, but without your jokes.

May: Okay

Jokes about Ash and me are sometimes nice to hear, but I wouldn't want Ash to find out about them. Maybe on the contrary he would understand that I love him?

May: Are you coming?

I'm coming!

-🌺-

The next day.

Evening: 19:00

Are we sure we'll have time to look at the paintings?!

May: Yes! I know a shortcut!

I think I've heard that somewhere...

Having reached the gallery. I sighed - in the morning I need to run a kilometer more.

May: I can't believe we made it.

Yeah.

They came in. Why wasn't I much inspired by the paintings, maybe because of my fatigue?

May: Serena! Look at this, it's so amazing...

I looked at the picture that showed a magicarp in a bucket. Sighing, it seems to me I don't understand art...

Suddenly we heard some noise in the next room...

May: Serena, did you hear that?

Uh-huh, what are we going to do?

May: Let's go check it out.

I know it's not the best idea, but okay Pancham is with me. We can fight back whoever it is.

We went into another room and saw a masked man and Ariados stealing a painting!

Robber: I advise you to leave and forget me, young ladies.

May: That's what we'll do for you!

Pancham Come out! Use A LOW BLOW!

Robber: Ariados Use the VENOMOUS STING!

Pancham does not have time to react to the attack... Falling, he was also attacked by Ariados poison.

Pancham was not feeling well, but he was conscious. I decided to return it.

Use another POISONOUS STING on that girl. He pointed his finger at me.

Why did I agree to this?! I couldn't move.... SAVE me!

I didn't have time to react as a man in special clothes jumps out in front of me, he risked being my shield.

[???] Krookodile Use the DRAGON CLAW!

The defender had his back to me and I couldn't see his face.

Looking ahead and finding out what was going on - I saw how the robber's Pokemon was defeated - Krookodile won this battle. The robber decides not to take the Pokemon, but to escape.

[???] Staraptor come out and find the robber.

Freed from the poke ball, the Pokemon bird flies away after the troublemaker.

The defender turns to face me, and we are silent for a few seconds.

[???] Are you okay? Call Officer Jenny. Show them Ariados and tell them to wait for the call.

His face was wearing a mask and helmet, and he was wearing a special suit.

With these words, my savior left.

Good...

May: Did you see Serena?! How his Krookodile quickly grabbed Ariados! The robber had no chance! Serena?

No, I just had time to look at the coach...

May: Exactly. I have heard from people that soldiers wear similar suits and they protect civilians and help the police. It was the defender! To meet them is a very rare chance. We were very lucky!

Lucky? I was almost sent away!

May: I'll call the police, and you...

Thoughts in my head: Ash would have done exactly the same, I'm sure...

May: Earth is calling Serena.

And... what?

May: Are you okay?

Yes... All right, let's go.

May: You're kind of weird. I say I'll call the police, and you run to Sister Joy.

Precisely! I ran!

...YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

SHE LOOKED AT ME LIKE MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT...

THE ROBBER!

NOW USE THE VENOMOUS STING ON HER!

SAVE ME!

...I COULDN'T SEE HIS FACE.

ARE YOU OKAY?

IT WAS THE DEFENDER!

WE WERE VERY LUCKY!

HE WOULD HAVE DONE EXACTLY THE SAME, I'M SURE...

-

 What have I gotten myself into?!

---

735 words