6.

"AND I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR LOVE TO DESTROY US, I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR LOVE."

"Still awake?" Tom asked, watching the girl sit down next to him

"I just wanted to clear my head a bit, I have insomnia." She said, looking out the window, the stars. The city.

The boy nodded. Getting a little closer to her. "I'm going to be direct. You don't really have feelings for me?"

The singer was silent, staying without seeing him. She seemed to be thinking, so Tom decided not to ask any more. He took it as a no. A cold no.

And when he was going to get up, trying to cover the embarrassment that this caused him, he heard the girl's voice.

"No."

Tom nodded, ready to go, when he heard her speak again.

"I don't know you. I don't know how you are with your friends, I don't know how you are with your mother, I don't know what you listen to, I don't know what you do, I don't know what you think. And I won't tell you that I feel something for you when I've only spoken to you three days ago."

He looked at the ground, and then at her. He saw her figure, being overshadowed by the light of a city.

"I understand." The boy replied, "And do you think that at some point I will interest you?" He added.

___ Shrugged. "I don't see the future. But, I'll be your friend."

"My friend..." he murmured. Looking out the window. He had never been rejected like that before, being just friends was a rare thing for him.

Plus, he hadn't been interested in a girl he had to make a real effort to conquer either.

"We can know each other." He said, trying to get closer to her. To which the girl laughed slightly.

"Go ahead, ask whatever you want."

He looked at her, admiring her smile. Then he smiled too. "What is your favorite song?"

The two laughed and talked for a while. The clock struck 4 as they both tried not to make so much noise so as not to wake up Bill, who was sleeping in the living room.

"And now, do you like me a bit?" Tom said, looking at the girl, with his characteristic side smile.

"No Tom. I don't like you one bit." Answered ___, patting him on the back. Pats that to Tom were highly offensive. "But w-"

She cut him off mid-sentence, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go to sleep. I have a concert tomorrow night and I can't be sleepy." She said getting up to go to Bill's room. At this, Tom took her hand.