𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Koa had a grunt escape from her throat as her back was forcefully thrown against the sand, her brother, Aamon Hades had a hand around her throat but hesitantly pulled back after their father applauded their duel. Koa sat up, rubbing her throat slightly where a good amount of force was just exerted. Looking up at her brother, he smirked down at her and kicked sand in her face, walking up to his father and talking about how weak the girl was.

She wiped the sand out of her eyes and stood up, walking a few feet over to the water that had small waves crashing over the sand. She kneeled down, talking some water and splashing it on her face, getting the rest of the sand off. Her head was then forcefully dunked into the water. Not prepared for it at all, she came back up gasping for air, opening her eyes and seeing Aamon standing above her.

"Men are just stronger than women, sorry sis." Aamon shrugged, and Koa glared up at him. She put her hands down on the sand, kicking one of her legs out and completely wiping out her brother, so he too had sand all over his face. She stood up, dusting the sand off her hands and walking towards her dad.

"You cannot get cocky, Aamon." Aeron Hades spoke up, disappointed in his son, yet after her small success, he wasn't enthusiastic after his daughter's stunt. Then again, when was he? Aamon stood up, dusting the sand off of his clothing, and glaring at his sister.

"At least I didn't let our sister die," Aamon spoke and he made a face of disgust at his little sister, walking away from the two completely and making his way towards the docks with his bag in hand. Koa hadn't expected that to come out of him, but her entire demeanor changed just for a moment before a hand was put on her shoulder.

"Remember what I said, Kekoa?" Her father let go of her shoulder and went inside their house, leaving her outside alone.

She turned to observe the ocean and the waves that crashed peacefully along the surface, she sighed, wanting to stay at peace a little while longer.

Kekoa Hades, or Koa, is a sixteen-year-old girl from District Four. She's been training for the Hunger Games ever since she was a little girl. Her father, Aeron Hades, was the winner of the 33rd Hunger Games. He made a good trainer, not so much a father. When he was in the games, all the female tributes were eliminated almost immediately. He believes women are under men, they have no chance of winning. Koa had convinced her father to train her anyways, determined she could beat his standards.

Being in District Four, kids were always involved with the fishing industry in some way. However, Koa decided to be a diving instructor for little kids, though she hated children sometimes, it paid well and wasn't entirely dreadful.

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"Alright, time to rest up, go home and let your parents know that you all did great today." Koa clapped her hands and the children immediately dried off the salt water that drenched their bodies and headed home with smiling faces. She watched them all depart talking amongst one another, and she sighed.

She only knew fighting, diving, catching fish, and working. She had been always taught to obey the rules and obey her parents, which she always tried to follow.

Koa wrapped up everything and put her bag back together. It was almost sunset. Lifting her head, she was instantly met with the face of a tanned skin boy with bronze like hair, who had a smile plastered onto his face and a hand held out.

"Finnick Odair." The boy said. Koa recognized him, he was the winner of the 65th hunger games, which took place almost 2 years ago. He had sea-green eyes, which staring at, found her some sort of comfort. "Hello?"

"Hi." She looked at him, not knowing what he wanted. They both sat in an awkward silence for a few moments.

"Just looking for a friend." He gave her a lopsided smile, and he had dimples showing on one side of his face.

"No thank you. I have to go." Koa walked right past the boy who had a confused look on his face. Usually, people would love to be friends with him, or at least shake his hand. But before he could even call out to her, she was gone in the crowd of people getting ready for the night to set in.

Koa practically ran home ensuring she wasn't late. She had gotten dressed and looked at her mother's schedule that was printed outside her door, telling her the name and address she needed to visit.

Not a spot of sand anywhere on her, clean hair, freshly showered.

She arrived at the house and knocked, seeing a middle-aged man opening the door, smiling at her.

"Hades, right?" Koa nodded silently.

"Good evening, Mr. Damien. I am Koa, daughter of Daiyu Hades." Koa slightly bowed her head, and after a moment she straightened up, lifting her head. "I'm here to fulfill your needs."

The man smirked, biting his lip slightly looking at the girl up and down, opening the door more, inviting her inside.

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺