𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

The fifteen minute evaluations started, and most people weren't trying to get a high score, since they were all likely to receive some kind of sponsors anyway, and everyone knew one another's skills. Koa and Finnick sat side by side, looking at one another, remembering what Haymitch had told them.

"Any clue what you're going to show them?" Finnick smirked. Koa didn't know his plans, but she didn't feel like wasting any energy on a training score that didn't matter in the long run.

Koa shrugged, thinking of what to do, but then she looked down at the boots she wore with her training suit and smiled.

"Kekoa Hades." Koa stood up off the bench and looked down to Finnick, who looked up at her.

"Good luck." Koa whispered to him and walked away, through the doors into the evaluation room. She looked up at the window covered by a forcefield, knowing the information from Beetee.

Looking up at the Capitol folk that were looking down on her. They had always looked down on her. Plutarch however smiled down at her. They had talked once after the 74th Hunger Games, but nothing more than that. 

Koa looked at the table offered for her. Spears, knives. 

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

"You tied your shoes?" Valentina asked, with an eyebrow raised, not believing what she was hearing. Koa smiled and shrugged.

"Didn't know what to do. Is the dress ready for me?" Koa and Valentina walked into her dressing room, and Valentina pulled the dress she would be wearing. 

"Sea-green, you wore that color for your first interview a few years ago." Valentina looked at the dress she held up, and Koa was staring directly at it. It was a long sea-green dress with golden flakes embedded all over the mesh of the dress.

"I love the color."

"Does it remind you of anyone in particular?"

"What is with everyone lately and asking about him?" Koa sighed. "I'll wear this one." She gestured towards the dress and Valentina smiled and chuckled a bit.

"I never said who I was talking about." Valentina said, making Koa shoot eye daggers at her, but Valentina didn't back off. "You can tell me the truth, sweetheart." Koa sighed, not knowing exactly what to say, and she just shrugged.

"I don't know. I catch myself looking at him all the time, admiring him. His smile, his laugh." Koa smiles and sighs. 

"Especially his voice, it calms me down, makes me feel at home." Koa thought of the man but pushed the thoughts away. "Losing him would be losing myself, what if it doesn't work? Plus, he has Annie."